Excercise

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
Any ideas what to do for excercise with these guys when it's raining all day?
I have a puzzle game but he just flips it upside down and shakes the treats out in a matter of seconds.
Fetch doesn't work very well as he just puts it in his bed and gets angry if you keep taking it out.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
A kick ball might work...most any ball that a bully CAN'T get their teeth into will keep them busy chasing it. But, be advised, anything in the path of a Bulldog chasing a large ball is subject to complete annihilation.
Enjoy the fun!

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
training works wonders. Little things like sit, stay, down, it always wears brutus out much more quickly than playing toys or walking. Any mental stimulation where they have to work is great!

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
Thanks everyone gonna try them. Think I'll need them again tomorrow as well ��

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We sort of 'wrestle' with them... lay on the floor and just rough house next thing you know they are grabbing toys or bones and laying on the other side of the room cause we annoyed them :D

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Mine like to play "chase". Usually Finn and Tate will bring me a toy and then I have to pretend to be the big, scary monster who wants to get the toy away from them. Not only do they get the exercise, but I get pretty worn out too! :rundog:

Miss Charlotte

Jan 31, 2015
Elizabeth,NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlotte
I use two balls. When she keeps one I throw the other- grab the first and repeat...over and over and over again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
A kick ball might work...most any ball that a bully CAN'T get their teeth into will keep them busy chasing it. But, be advised, anything in the path of a Bulldog chasing a large ball is subject to complete annihilation.
Enjoy the fun!
Yes I would have thought annihilation alright but I have the strangest bulldog ever I think. If he's chasing anything at top speed and it goes near say his water bowl or a radiator he will stop dead in and wait bark and wait for someone to come and move it back into the free space. He was like that from when he arrived with us never knocks over anything. Weirdo that he is :D

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
We sort of 'wrestle' with them... lay on the floor and just rough house next thing you know they are grabbing toys or bones and laying on the other side of the room cause we annoyed them :D
That would be good and I would love it but he would bite me I've seen it come close before and it's frightening.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.