Vrooommm Vrooommm

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
So I decided today to put my battery in my motorcycle as spring has sprung. First bike for Nyala. I wanted to introduce her to the bike then the noise. I started the bike she took off like a jet hitting everything in the garage cause of that lampshade around her head. I did giggle but felt bad giggling. Still was funny though. So I did baby steps with her from the house to the garage on my knees..ouch ouch ouch lol... So she did follow me to the garage and went up to the bike...eeeeeee she still was to my side though. The bike was running and she did great. I idle the engine and zooommmm she took off again :yes: Then got thinking.....yes i do that sometimes :ohmy: on the other hand I don't want her to get too close to the mufflers as they get extremely hot. So I made her sit at the garage door instead. I figured it will be safer for her and I dont need to worry about her. :)

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I saw last summer an older guy on his old goldwing riding and had a old GS on the back as a passenger NOT tied or anything. The balance on that dog was amazing. Dumb on the owner though.

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Sounds like how chunky acts when i get trash bags out of the box. Nothing else has bothered him

What kind of bike do you have?

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
HD 1988 sportster 1200cc.. my antique lol

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Oh goodness! Every time we start up our motorcycles, Ruthie and brutus go WILD. if they are in the driveway, ruthie comes bolting out the door and tries to bite the tires when they are sitting still. brutus doesn't care as much as Ruthie does, anything on wheels, except cars, it's fair game.

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Winslow loves to be around my hubby's bike! I honestly don't remember how we introduced him to it, but it did go easily.

Now, anytime he's working on it and I bring Winslow by, i just see him saying, "whatcha doing, Papa? Can i help?"

When he starts it i just keep him clear of the exhust (well i do that anyway haha) but he doesn't go too crazy, maybe hoping for a ride if he behaves (uh no). ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

dmhernandez

Oct 23, 2017
Country
Brazil
Bulldog(s) Names
Gordon
So I decided today to put my battery in my motorcycle as spring has sprung. First bike for Nyala. I wanted to introduce her to the bike then the noise. I started the bike she took off like a jet hitting everything in the garage cause of that lampshade around her head. I did giggle but felt bad giggling. Still was funny though. So I did baby steps with her from the house to the garage on my knees..ouch ouch ouch lol... So she did follow me to the garage and went up to the bike...eeeeeee she still was to my side though. The bike was running and she did great. I idle the engine and zooommmm she took off again :yes: Then got thinking.....yes i do that sometimes :ohmy: on the other hand I don't want her to get too close to the mufflers as they get extremely hot. So I made her sit at the garage door instead. I figured it will be safer for her and I dont need to worry about her. :)

I was wondering about that, Gordon is still too young, but I would like to be able to take short rides with him on my dyna eventually, aside from helmet and goggles, I was thinking of putting a thin pillow on the tank and strapping him to me using a chest harness on both of us, of course I would do slow laps around a parking lot to see if he can stay still and all...

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I was wondering about that, Gordon is still too young, but I would like to be able to take short rides with him on my dyna eventually, aside from helmet and goggles, I was thinking of putting a thin pillow on the tank and strapping him to me using a chest harness on both of us, of course I would do slow laps around a parking lot to see if he can stay still and all...

I would never put any dogs on a gas tank. Anyway here you're not allowed. But I did see an old man riding an old goldwing I would say the bike was in the 70s style. He had this smaller version of like a mix lab sitting on the back seat without being tied down. The guy turned a corner n that dog did not even moved an inch. Dog just follow the ride. Amazing balance. Never seen that. I would rather have a side car if I would bring my pups. But thats not going to happen, rather they stay at home safe. I did see a few here in Canada, putting their small dogs in a carrying pen on the back where you would tie luggage or in a trailer the bike was pulling. That you're allowed.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles is the same. Terrified of plastic bags, especially trash bags
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nyala was like that too. Eventually she got use to it. Now Duke is doing the same, takes off but you see he's getting use to them too. Mostly garbage bags when you're trying to open them.

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Bella I think would love to ride!
She is terrified of my sneezes. It's the funniest thing! She will run from a dead sleep every time! Especially the real sneezes. Sometimes I can get her on a fake one.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.