Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
I'd be very interested in trying them..chum recently has gone through some leg issues and when he walks on the wood floors his leg slips out which I'm sure is aggravating the condition...

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
I just tried to measure chums toenails as they explain in the video...using floss and wrapping it around to get the circumference.he was sleeping and it was still kind of difficult to do! I think I'm going to order some, thanks for the post! I'll let you know how they work.

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks, I will be very interested. I hope they help your Chumley. I have sent them an e-mail asking if they are appropriate for a dog without the medical or age issues. Monty is low energy and not the most graceful dog you have ever seen! We have tile and wood just about everywhere with some rugs and it is difficult for him. It doesn't bother our other dog at all (a Dachshund) but he is much smaller and a lot more agile.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
interesting.... will be watching for feedback. Good luck

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
I received a reply from ToeGrips this morning. I think I am going to order some and see how he goes. If I notice anything odd I will take them off immediately.

Dear Pamela,

Thank you for your interest in Dr. Buzby's ToeGrips for your English Bulldog. You are correct that ToeGrips were designed for senior dogs with mobility issues. However, there are exceptions to this, one being dogs with medical problems or floor anxiety. Generally, we don't want to interfere with the gait of a normal healthy dog, but when the dog's mobility is affected to the point that there is risk of injury we weigh the benefit over the risk.

Additionally, if the dog is too active, the ToeGrips will generally fall off or we worry that the ToeGrips could provide too much traction and cause the dog to torque his/her toe. Also, some younger dogs may be more prone to chewing at the ToeGrips, whereas most senior dogs will leave them alone.

Before I leave you too discouraged, I actually think your dog may still be a candidate for ToeGrips. He sounds sedentary enough to wear ToeGrips and that the potential benefit from increased traction is worth trying. Please know that we stand behind our product and offer a 60 day money-back guarantee, so you can try the product virtually risk free.

I hope I have answered your question and given you enough information to make an informed decision about whether ToeGrips are right for your dog. Please don't hesitate to contact me should you have any additional questions. Thank you again for your inquiry. Have a great weekend.

Sincerely,
Tara

Tara Larrimore
Customer Care Manager
Dr. Buzby's ToeGrips
Non slip toe grips give dogs traction to stop slipping on floorsDr. Buzby's ToeGrips | The smarter traction solution for dog slipping

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online