HELP!? Does anyone know what kind of...

Jennybear2003

Mar 2, 2011
Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Luna
toys that can withstand the power of a bulldog? lol I think I have tried everything! Even the mighty tuffies toys that have a rating scale of "toughness" she chewed through within an hours time. I paid around $25 for this "indestructible" pig. I throw away minimum a toy a week. Right now the only toys Luna has is a little basketball and a fire hydrant from walmart both $2 toys I don't know how they are still around. She even chews the harder plastic toys. Anything stuffed forget it! Nylabones hurt her chin and scratch her up. Any suggestions? :confused::confused:
sorry if there is already a post on this but I couldn't seem to find it?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I feel your pain!!! I have a couple of good ones made by Tuffy that seem to do well. One looks like a stick of dynamite. :up:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
dynamite.jpg

This is the toy, you can get it at carolina pet pantry :up:

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
This thing is amazing...squeaks too! And has held up to bulldogs and... Australian Shepherd puppy teeth that was hard on several bulldog toys that we found lasted a lifetime in our house prior to her arrival.
We have the large BLUE one.
Petsport USA Firehose Flying Disk - Toys - Dog - PetSmart

These also seem to hold up in our house...though...You have to make sure you get the "original" substitutes do not stand up to these.
Amazon.com: Paw Tracks Tirebiter Toy: Everything Else

[Thinking I can add a link to a store...just not a breeder if I'm wrong...please forgive my blunder :eek:]

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I have had great luck with the Tuffy toys I have bought. The Gator still look brand new and they have been playing with it since October. Also the Jolly egg, it comes in two different sizes. I got mine from Carolina Pet pantry also.

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
I know you said nylabones scratch her up ... but there are a TON of different ones out there ... These are the ones Chunk loves and can't chew up!
Nylabone Big Chews Beef Bone - Toys - Dog - PetSmart
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2811444
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2811444
My FIL's pit bull has one of these that he can't get through either:
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2750577

Hope it helps a little! The only other things we give Chunk are oversized tennis balls (which are his fav), a jolly ball, and knotted up rope toys! Good luck!

Last edited:

MissBailey

May 23, 2010
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Lil Miss Bailey
Jenny my Bullie and my lab are great at destroying dog toys. So I picked up baby toys at a yard sale to see what they would do with. I figured if its safe for toddlers and infants that it cant be all bad. Well low and behold they have lasted longer than the previous toys I have purchased. Give it a try from your local department store!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
This is the ONLY toy that survives all my dogs .....

27892_96wh.jpg

The big Kong toys seem to last a while too. Apart from that empty water bottles are ALWAYS possible .. just need to make sure we take the cap and ring off first otherwise they chew them off!!

DeeDee

Feb 19, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Busters
The Kong works well for Busters. He eventually ripped one of them slightly but that was after a few months. Amazingly the $2 walmart toys seemed to work for him too, but once they start to break you have to get rid of them right away or he eats them! At least that way, you are only paying $2 for a new one. I always supervise when using a walmart toy though just in case!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
These are the ONLY toys on the market I have found that can survive Samson. I've spent lots of money on lots of toys saying they were super durable and Samson destroyed them like nothing. Like the toughest toy that the Tuffy brand makes Samson destroyed in a day. This brand that claims to be virtually indestructible (it has a big scary bully on the package), Samson had it destroyed in one day. Only the souper size nylabone durable and XL extreme kong hold up with my Sam:

black_kong.jpg

41J1CWQUjL__SL500_AA300_.jpg

I feel bad sometimes that he doesn't have much variety but its better than having to have surgery to remove a toy he swallowed (which actually happened!!!!)

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
Kongs as already mentioned and Jolly Eggs and Jolly Balls from Carolina Pet Pantry would probably work well. Cassie was forever destroying toys. Her favorite was a nylabon about the size of a femur bone lol . That is now passed on to Annabella and she's trying her darnedest to make a dent in it.

Mike Blaylock

Dec 27, 2010
Forest Park, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
SgtMjr. Duketavius (Duke) Bruiser USMC Ret.
Weeeeeeeeeell, in Duke's case..........it's either superhard..........or........supersoft..Anything else will last about 10 seconds. Here is some of 6 year old collection. He also loves the squeeky toys. Sooooooooo it's the super soft ones. That is his third rubber chicken. They usually last a little over a year.Duke Toys.jpg Yep that's an old pair of my socks. I keep the rolled up and he loves playing fetch with them........or any of his toys.
His favorite toy (treat) is a plastic pop bottle to chew on. I take the caps off and the labels, and through it to him. 5 minutes later......it's destroyed and I take it away from him. I hope this helps.......Have a great day.

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
Chaos is still a baby and boy am I having a hard time with the toy thing as well. I bought him a set of "durable" nylabone puppy rings, they were very colorful and thick and had a cloth exterior and he had them destroyed and completely apart in 2 days of being home. He loves balls, and actual nylabones. I also bought him a nylabone brand monkey and he hasn't destroyed it yet......so we will see :) Good luck and keep us posted

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online