Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HELP!? Does anyone know what kind of...

Doggie Boutique Owner Angelgirl's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: HELP!? Does anyone know what kind of...

Kongs as already mentioned and Jolly Eggs and Jolly Balls from Carolina Pet Pantry would probably work well. Cassie was forever destroying toys. Her favorite was a nylabon about the size of a femur bone lol . That is now passed on to Annabella and she's trying her darnedest to make a dent in it.
    "A bulldog is like a potato chip, you can never have just one"

Real Name
    Mike Blaylock
    Bulldog(s) Names
    SgtMjr. Duketavius (Duke) Bruiser USMC Ret.
    Likes (Received)

Weeeeeeeeeell, in Duke's case..........it's either superhard..........or........supersoft..Anything else will last about 10 seconds. Here is some of 6 year old collection. He also loves the squeeky toys. Sooooooooo it's the super soft ones. That is his third rubber chicken. They usually last a little over a year.-duke-toys-jpg Yep that's an old pair of my socks. I keep the rolled up and he loves playing fetch with them........or any of his toys.
    His favorite toy (treat) is a plastic pop bottle to chew on. I take the caps off and the labels, and through it to him. 5 minutes later......it's destroyed and I take it away from him. I hope this helps.......Have a great day.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chaos
    Likes (Received)

Chaos is still a baby and boy am I having a hard time with the toy thing as well. I bought him a set of "durable" nylabone puppy rings, they were very colorful and thick and had a cloth exterior and he had them destroyed and completely apart in 2 days of being home. He loves balls, and actual nylabones. I also bought him a nylabone brand monkey and he hasn't destroyed it yet......so we will see Good luck and keep us posted
    Bullies leave pawprints on our hearts furever <3

Delilah's Personal Slave Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

Don't those Tuffy toys have a guarantee?? I'm pretty sure they will replace them if torn up? Or maybe I'm mistaken. They are supposed to be really indestructible. I haven't tried them yet, though.

Delilah does really well with those Nylabones. I know you said they scratch your bullie's chin..but as the others said, there are SO many types! It's really worth looking into.

Delilah also has this stuffed snake..that has like 12 squeakers, and the squeakers still squeak, even when punctured. And actually, the snake has no stuffing. It's really long..each squeaker is a segment in the snake. She LOVES it. She is ROUGH on her stuffed looking toys and this one hasn't had any problems at all yet. We got it at Petco for I think $12?

Lucy-licious

Rubber toys last better here mostly, although she has had a string of sausages that have lasted her a while now.
    Lucy loves sqeaky toys too and will go mad for them
    shes pretty good with her toys though the only ones we regularly replace are her teddies cos she litterally sucks their faces off

Bulldog(s) Names
    Luna
    Likes (Received)

Oh my what a cute bullie!?!! And he is famous! As much as I hate to admit it I am addicited to the Jersey Shore lol I think I may just be getting the wrong nylabones? I did get her one for christmas like the one you showed in the links but hers had orange on it and she was eating orange off in no time and the bumpy ends became rough? I will look into the others thank you for your suggestions.
    Jenny

Bulldog(s) Names
    Luna
    Likes (Received)

I did take the Tuffy toy back to the store and they gave me a refund. She had the pigs ear and foot off within that first hour! Not indestructable lol Your bullie is so cute!! What a doll! My Luna chews and chews till she gets all squeekers out then chews them! I have seem them in the store the toys that have multiple squeekers but they all have cute little faces and ears tails things she would just pick off and eat. I will keep trying and thank you for your suggestions
    Jenny

Bulldog(s) Names
    Luna
    Likes (Received)

Sausages? Sounds cute. We tried the stuffed animal thing and she does the same sucks the face off lol then pulls out the stuffing. When she was a baby she had a Jack Russell stuffed dog that was her boyfriend. Once she was old enough and strong enough she pulled his eyes out then the stuffing. When it came time to throw him away she followed me to the garbage can and watched me toss him out, I felt so bad!
    Jenny

Real Name
    Lacey
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Silva and Stella
    Likes (Received)

I like planet dog toys. We have had them for months and have held up! Good luck it is very hard!
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Anonymous

Real Name
    Turi
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jennybear2003 View Post
    Oh my what a cute bullie!?!! And he is famous! As much as I hate to admit it I am addicited to the Jersey Shore lol I think I may just be getting the wrong nylabones? I did get her one for christmas like the one you showed in the links but hers had orange on it and she was eating orange off in no time and the bumpy ends became rough? I will look into the others thank you for your suggestions.
    Jenny, I have to admit - I never miss an episode of JS. I love watching a good trainwreck. Guess it is funny to watch too since half of it is filmed in my town and the other half in Seaside, the town next door!

There are sooooo many types of nylabones out there! In fact, nylabones are made right in Jersey too ... just a few towns away! I was just on their site checking out other options since Chunk loves his so much. (Although, he doesn't need ANY more ... they are all still in great shape but, who doesn't like to spoil their puppy?! ) Check out this link of their "non-edible for powerful chewers" Product Finder | By Product Type | Non-Edible for Powerful Chewers
    You can close your eyes to things you don't want to see,
    but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel.

Live Genuinely

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bear
    Likes (Received)

Bear currently has a bone like @kazzy220 for several months it has lasted. The other thing he got for christmas from his secret santa on here, a jolly egg which seems so far indestructible though can't say the same for my walls when he slams into them with it. those are the only toys he can have

I do not get him rawhides or stuffies. I know alot of bullies like to suck on the stuffies but I can't afford to keep replacing them. He does however go after towels and sucks on them. I caught him the other day from being in my son's room, he procured a stuffed snake he was sucking on and a pair of scissors Thankfully he hadn't started chewing on those yet.
    I didn't do it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads