matador

Mar 14, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
El Chapo
What's up Bully Buddies!? This post will not be directed towards one particular thing or another, just general questioning and commenting.

El Chapo(OEB) is actually 7 weeks! I know I'd been posting and saying he was 8 weeks(my mistake), I just looked at our contract from the breeder and it states he was born Feb 4th... So he'll be 8 weeks next week! We took him to the vet, and initially thought he was neutered... the vet was appalled to say the least, she wanted to know who on earth would fix a 7 week old puppy, especially since we had breeding rights listed in our contract, I personally thought I seen a scar on his private part, but it obviously must've been a scratch from a littermate, the vet said she felt to testies and that sometimes it takes a while for them to drop.

El Chapo has been great, however he doesn't listen, not much anyways. We have been staying with my Fiance's parents since we are moving into a new home this friday we've been living there the past 2 weeks and brought El Chapo to stay there with us, it's fairly loud and active in the home and I'm thinking he may just be too young to know what it is to pay attention, and he has so many distractions around him that's just more fuel to this particular flame. When I am able to get him alone, he does "sit" he does "come"... I am wondering if I am being counterproductive in doing this? Or if I should wait until we move?

Lastly, he is having a challenge being crated only at night, he is good throughout the day but at night he doesn't like it, he is in our room and next to the bed. Any tips or insight about any of these things are of course appreciated! Thanks everyone!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes, too many distractions fir his age, but stick with it.

Crate.. Place one of your tshirts with him - your scent might help calm him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
A dog needs to listen to your commands no matter where you are. It's a rule... BUT...yes there's a but.... he's only 7 weeks. Go easy on little El-Chapo. Good advice from 2bullymama and the crate. You're moving in a few days it will be much easier when you're in your own stuff. Breath....Friday is around the corner. :yes:

OP
M

matador

Mar 14, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
El Chapo
Thanks Bully Buddies, I am using the T Shirt method, and the move day is tomorrow!

OP
M

matador

Mar 14, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
El Chapo
No interviews for El Chapo!!

Just kidding and congrats on the pup

Ha ha... We've gotten many jokes about his name... He was originally Doc Holiday, the entire litter was named after characters from the movie Tombstone!

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Ha ha... We've gotten many jokes about his name... He was originally Doc Holiday, the entire litter was named after characters from the movie Tombstone!

At least he wasn't originally Ike Clanton or Johnny Tyler

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
He's too little to understand your commands. Keep using consistent words -- sit, stay, etc -- and he'll catch on as he gets older. I never could stand to put them in the crate at night...I took them out to potty right before bed and just let them snuggle with me.

Staff online

Members online