g8erjackie

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Sending you and Regina BIG BULLY HUGS! Joey got spayed the week before Thanksgiving, at 6 months old, my feelings were the same as yours for sure. Try not to worry. I got to pick Joey up later the same day, I know that the overnight stay is added stress. Is there any way that you can bring her home later that same day? Why does she have to stay over night?

I really want to bring her home the same day, but they do surgeries on the early afternoon and said they like to watch them for 4 hours, especially Bulldogs, in case they have complications or adverse reactions. There are places near me that do same day discharge, but I do like this vet and don't want to switch for something like this. It makes me feel good that they're taking precautions. I'm sure she'll be her crazy little spitfire self in no time....I just want to be the one cuddling her after the procedure. You all make such good points that she'll be drugged and sleeping. I know Ruckus will be looking around for her, it will be a little rough on everyone.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
She's going to do great!

It's hard leaving them at the vet where you know they will never take as good as care of them as you do.

Sending lots of love and prayers.

OP
g8erjackie

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Wishing Regina lots of luck Friday! She'll be fine! Like all of us bully owners we need you'll need to take a Xanax or something to get through it though!

Yeah I thought to myself maybe I'll relax with a glass or two of wine, but then thought, but what if I need to go to her late at night! What can I say, they're my babies. If something happened to them I'd be borrowing your moves and exiting the on-ramp to get out of traffic and get them to the vet!

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Sending You and Regina loads of love and positive vibes are coming your way. Regina will do Great, I will Pray for this Sweetie Pie.

OP
g8erjackie

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Well I dropped her off this morning she was skeptical about being led away from me, but I didn't leave until she was out of sight so she wouldn't flip if she saw me exit. She was getting tons of attention from reception and the vet techs, so I may need something in my coffee to take the edge off, but I do think she'll be just fine

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Yes, hoping you had a flask of Irish Whiskey to shoot in your coffee today ;)

Wanted to say I'm sending Regina off with prayers & faith in God's protection
and sending you big hugs of love & comfort.

Try to stay busy & drink lots of wine this evening so you can sleep!

Lol, all my tips today for coping are prayer & alcohol...hmmmm?!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well I dropped her off this morning she was skeptical about being led away from me, but I didn't leave until she was out of sight so she wouldn't flip if she saw me exit. She was getting tons of attention from reception and the vet techs, so I may need something in my coffee to take the edge off, but I do think she'll be just fine

Break out the Bailey's!! keep us posted

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Sending best wishes and positive thoughts to you and Regina that her spay goes well! It sounds like you have a great vet you can trust. Still, it will be a relief when you can have her home again. Things like this are so nerve-wracking for the bullie parent!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Thinking of you and Regina this morning, and sending positive thoughts and prayers that her surgery goes well.
Will check in later to see how she did. Try not to worry too much, but I know you will. She will be fine.

OP
g8erjackie

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Vet just called and said Regina did great and she is resting comfortably! They also said they didn't think she could reach her stomach so they're sparing her the cone for now while she's asleep at least. So glad she's ok and I can't wait to have her home!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Vet just called and said Regina did great and she is resting comfortably! They also said they didn't think she could reach her stomach so they're sparing her the cone for now while she's asleep at least. So glad she's ok and I can't wait to have her home!

YEAH!!! :wiggle: So glad she is all done... now for the fun part, recovery! Good luck keeping her quite :D

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Great news, Woo Hoo...Go Regina!

Guess you can stop drinking now, lmbo ;)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.