Regina is getting spayed Friday and I'm nervous

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
So it's time. Little miss attitude Regina is getting spayed on Friday. I have to drop her off early in the morning and they want to keep her for 24 hours after her surgery, so I pick her up the next afternoon.

I like this veterinary center a lot and it does make me feel good that they are also a 24 hour emergency center so she won't be alone at night. I'm just nervous and worried that she will be scared. She has never really spent a night away from us and definitely never one without Ruckus. She has stayed over with Keith's parents and my friend watched her once but that's not the same.

Sigh. I'm just a worried bulldog mamma.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Just got home with from Nyala's spaying n cherry eye.... whoooof

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Thanks
And dont worry Regina will do fine. Nyala just had a bit of food n water with her first pee so that is a good sign. She's sleeping again so that's good to. It's just that damm cherry eye she has to wear a cone. Wasn't for that she wouldn't be banging into walls. Expect Regina to be groggy. Im sure she's a little trooper.

After surgery.jpg

OP
g8erjackie

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Yeah she's tough, I'm just worried that she'll feel abandoned. She gets so much confidence from Ruckus and he can't be with her. I am such the crazy dog lady....

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sending hugs and positive thoughts all goes well and Momma is able to sleep on Friday night. :hug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Jackie, I totally understand how you feel. I was a wreck when Murray was neutered. I'm sure Regina will do great, she won't be along and you trust your vet. Murray and I will keep you both in our thoughts and prayers and waiting to hear how well it went :)

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Bella and I send love to sweet Regina.

I swore Bella hated me after her spay. My crazy psycho dog couldn't even move without yelping in pain. It crushed me. But, you know what? That lasted not even 24 hours, and she was soon jumping out of my arms.

Regina will know she's not abandoned. She'll feel your love, and she'll have company all night at the vet's office.

I'll be thinking of you.

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
She will do great!! Most of the time that she's away she'll be sedated or groggy then resting. As soon as she's fully aware, she'll see you and be suddenly happy! You worry bc u love her! And before U know it, just like Calli Doll said, she'll be acting herself again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Yeah she's tough, I'm just worried that she'll feel abandoned. She gets so much confidence from Ruckus and he can't be with her. I am such the crazy dog lady....

Hi Jackie, I totally understand how you feel, it is nerve wracking when our babies go for surgery. Blossom was spayed and had cherry eye repair when she was 7 months old, and she did amazing. She went in early in the morning, and came home late the same day. Don't worry that Regina will feel abandoned because she will be very groggy after she wakes up, and she will be on pain medication so will mostly sleep. She will be in good hands and in a good place with staff who have experience with post op care. You will want to keep your two guys separated from each other after she comes home, because you want to keep her calm and not let her run, jump or play for about a week or she may pop her stitches. Blossom was on pain meds for the first 3 or 4 after she came home, so she slept a lot. I placed her crate in my bedroom and left the door open, but I closed my bedroom door to keep Dozer from bugging her. It's important to keep her as quiet as possible because she had so much energy, she jumped off the couch the first day at home. If you let Regina and Ruckus stay together, he will want to play with her. I know she will do great, and it's amazing how fast they heal and bounce back.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Sending you and Regina BIG BULLY HUGS! Joey got spayed the week before Thanksgiving, at 6 months old, my feelings were the same as yours for sure. Try not to worry. I got to pick Joey up later the same day, I know that the overnight stay is added stress. Is there any way that you can bring her home later that same day? Why does she have to stay over night?

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Honey, we know that no matter what we say or even that its true (lol)
you'll worry, that's what we do! Regina will be groggy & sleep thru her
time there and so cute I'm sure they'll check on her...a lot :)

Sending big hugs of comfort & update us (try to stay occupied with mindless
diversions, like movies & alcoholic drinking).

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Completely normal behavior for a Bully mom that truly loves her babies. She'll get through it and be back home in no time.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Regina will do well, and be back home before you know it. :heartsign::hug2::girlyes:

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Wishing Regina lots of luck Friday! She'll be fine! Like all of us bully owners we need you'll need to take a Xanax or something to get through it though!

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.