Nu
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Curly
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: A few prayers needed

Quote Originally Posted by natski282 View Post
    You might have a partial answer there that noise he makes when startled , I have seen a group of dogs that all knew each other well attack a or pile on a dog that showed signs of injury and or sounds of injury and I mean attack for NO reason. Jawnie being a pup also might come into play as he is trying to learn the ways of the group and will make a lot of mistakes like going to close when another dog is eating or lying in a older dogs bed ect ect Is Curly the dominate dog of the group ? if so he is dictating or maybe making a play to be the boss of the pack and what better way to show his dominance then on a pup or possible weaker part of the group . Just trying to help you figure this all out is all , I know I would be racking My brain and trying to fix My heart also .
    Curly being around other dogs and no problems is great but it is very different when it is his own at home group or pack also .
    Curly is definitely not the alpha - my oldest Sully tends to lead the the approval of animals in the household. Sully loves the puppy.

The puppy was avoiding curly since the first biting incident on Friday so on Saturday when our friend came into the yard unexpectedly, because of all the excitement he went after the puppy violently. The puppy was no where around him -he just turned like a switch. Otherwise he is loving and caring for the pup but we can't determine what the trigger is. The little guy is only 35lbs and is no match for our 70lb guy that is all muscle. Maybe when he is older he will be able to hold his own but it's too much to risk and wait. We also can't afford another 5grand in bills.

We never thought about getting a dog that we would have to rehome but even with me home all day (I work from home) if I don't know what the triggers are I cannot prevent it from happening again. It all makes me terribly sad
    check us out on Instagram: nu__berry (that's two under scrolls)

2. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
    Real Name
    Nu
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Curly
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by rjisaterp View Post
    Hi Nu and Stu. I am totally shocked to hear about Curly and his aggression. I would think he would be more of a big brother and show Jawnie the ropes an not attack another puppy. Curly was so laid back when I met him and just lovable mush of a bully. As such, I know how you must feel and I am sending you all the positive vibes and prayers I can muster. God bless. --rj.
    Since you met curly and know what a chill dude he is, I know you completely know how surprised and shocked we were that he wouldn't be welcoming. Maybe it's a puppy thing or maybe is just the dog himself. I will never know.

4. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

@nubonics I am so sorry that things are not working out for you, with the new pup. Poor baby ,what a shame. I know it is so traumatizing when you have a sweet dog, and then they turn and be like Curly did. It shakes your whole world seeing them like that. As my two Bullies sometimes fight over a toy-I have to make them quit-but I know they are not as mean as they can get. I hope you and the pup will heal okay, and it is sad but wonderful if your sister takes Jawnie. Sending prayers for you.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

6. Likes nubonics liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training g8erjackie's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jackie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruckus and Regina
    Likes (Received)

Nu, I'm so sorry you guys are going through this! Curly, though? Chubby, calm Curly? He was such a huge sweetheart when I met him, just like @rjisaterp said! There were definitely puppies at our play group that day and Curly just chilled out and watched the fun unfold around him. He even tolerated face kisses from Ruckus who was like whoa you're a big guy, let me smell you! Could it be that he is being protective of your older dogs and he takes the sound the puppy makes as threatening? Maybe until things calm down you could rotate Curly and the puppy and not let them see one another? One in he crate in another room at all times?

8. Likes nubonics, Texas Carol liked this post
    Real Name
    Nu
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Curly
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by g8erjackie View Post
    Nu, I'm so sorry you guys are going through this! Curly, though? Chubby, calm Curly? He was such a huge sweetheart when I met him, just like @rjisaterp said! There were definitely puppies at our play group that day and Curly just chilled out and watched the fun unfold around him. He even tolerated face kisses from Ruckus who was like whoa you're a big guy, let me smell you! Could it be that he is being protective of your older dogs and he takes the sound the puppy makes as threatening? Maybe until things calm down you could rotate Curly and the puppy and not let them see one another? One in he crate in another room at all times?
    Yes, sweet chill laid back Curly has a Mr Hyde in him. I don't think he's being protective over the older dogs. The bostons were actually trying to protect the puppy when this was all happening (and probably me because I got in the middle of it all).

I am starting to theorize that curly might not know his strength or how to react to excitement and there might be two layers to this whole situation. Whenever he gets excited normally he runs for a toy to chew on. In both incidences there were no toys in sight and only Jawnie. Because Jawnie is easily scared and will Yelp loudly, it turns a switch on curly making his next reaction to stop the noise. As long as he makes the noise curly cannot turn off...

Needless to say Jawnie is terrified of curly and I don't know if he can unlearn that fear

For the next few weeks curly is going to be muzzled and we are going to keep them in separate rooms. We will let each dog socialize with our Boston Terriers but not with each other. Then I'm just going to head up to philly and do rehab with Jawnie and my Boston Terriers. I still want Jawnie to be around short face dogs and not fear them.

Curly is a very sweet guy and I really don't know what has made him turn. In a million years we would have never expected this.

10. Likes 2BullyMama, Texas Carol liked this post
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member natski282's Avatar
    Real Name
    Nat
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Primrose= Rosie and Megan = Meg,
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by nubonics View Post
    Curly is definitely not the alpha - my oldest Sully tends to lead the the approval of animals in the household. Sully loves the puppy.

The puppy was avoiding curly since the first biting incident on Friday so on Saturday when our friend came into the yard unexpectedly, because of all the excitement he went after the puppy violently. The puppy was no where around him -he just turned like a switch. Otherwise he is loving and caring for the pup but we can't determine what the trigger is. The little guy is only 35lbs and is no match for our 70lb guy that is all muscle. Maybe when he is older he will be able to hold his own but it's too much to risk and wait. We also can't afford another 5grand in bills.

We never thought about getting a dog that we would have to rehome but even with me home all day (I work from home) if I don't know what the triggers are I cannot prevent it from happening again. It all makes me terribly sad
    Yes i understand My heart goes out to guys I am so sorry , this will bug Me for a while as like you I have a pack of them also I was so excited about your new pup as I have Odin a Cane Corso and there wonderful big goofs truly , It is on My mind please let Me know how all works out
    Nat
    YOU MIGHT BE A BULLDOG IF...

...everyone else in a room with you is pinching their noses
    ...you snore like a chain saw.
    ...it takes too much energy to beg
    ...your snore is louder than your bark
    ...you have never seen your tail...what is a tail anyways?
    ...you're the loudest snorer in the house.

12. Likes nubonics liked this post
    Real Name
    Nu
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Curly
    Likes (Received)

Just got back from meeting with the ortho surgeon. They recommended surgery as an insurance that things will heal properly but there is no reason for them to think it won't by just being in a splint. So instead of forking over $4500 for the surgery we are going to wait a week to see how things heal. He is in the splint for about 5 weeks and then he will head towards rehab, which I will do with him in Philly away from curly. We are going to try to reintegrate them when he is about 6 months to see if the aggression is still there/see if some one on one training will help with curly. If he is still displaying aggression we are going to rehome Jawnie to my sister

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Likes 2BullyMama, Texas Carol liked this post
    Real Name
    Nu
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Curly
    Likes (Received)

16. Likes Cali Doll, Chunky White liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training g8erjackie's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jackie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruckus and Regina
    Likes (Received)

Oh that face and those ears! Poor baby Jawnie. At the same time I feel bad for Curly because this just doesn't seem in his nature, he must have been in quite the state to have done this.

18. Likes 2BullyMama, nubonics liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

He is so damn adorable and sweet .... :hugs:

----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

20. Likes nubonics liked this post
    Flip'n'bullies stole my heart! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

What a beautiful dog!

"Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and
    filling an emptiness we didn't even know we had."

22. Likes nubonics liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member Cali Doll's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

I'm just in love with him. I wish I could take him for the 6 months. Many blessings to all of you! Such a stressful situation.
    {MEAN JOE BELLA}

IG: @bellatheenglishbully

24. Likes nubonics liked this post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Remove Ads