My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
My Elmo started itching about a week ago, I noticed a red spot on his head, I bathed him in Antibacterial Shampoo and put Neosporin on it, this did not help, he is worse. Please someone Help Elmo, he has never had this before, he will be 3 in July. I am in tears looking at My Precious Bully Elmo. Thanking You for Helping Elmo. 100_0935.JPG100_0936.JPG

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
The side view photo looks like hot spots. I would get some Vetericyn spray or gel, and start using that on his spots. Also give him 2 benedryl twice to help the itch. He is so beautiful,it's sad to see that. Martha had big hot spots from wearing the cone, and the vetericyn cleared it up. Everything is blooming and he may have allergies.Hope that boy gets better soon! [MENTION=9802]My Otis[/MENTION]

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Poor Elmo. It does look a lot like hotspots. They can spread rapidly. Frank had one on his head and I did the same thing as you did and it spread over his whole head. Like Lynn said, Vetericyn hotspot spray helped to clear it up. It can also help to shave or trim the area to keep it dry and from spreading even more. You might also try adding some probiotics to his meals. I think Frank's came from having allergies and having suppressed immune response from getting a round of vaccinations done.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Agree.... Hotspots--- as Lynn and Erin stated.. Shave the areas and keep it clean and dry--- Vectericyn works wonders.

You may need to wipe him off after a trip outside ... Cool clean cloth to remove the allergen

Hope he heals up quick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi. Poor baby, I agree with everyone above. It looks like hot spots, and you've been given great advice from everyone already. I just want to saying hope Elmo feels better soon and it clears up. Sending love hugs and prayers to you both.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Those hot spots are pretty bad- he may need a vet so he can get some steroids too.

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Those hot spots are bad. I would go to the vet for a steroid spray, then follow up with probiotics. The steroid is in the interest of clearing the hot spots soon. at this time, the vetericyn may or may not work.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Oh god poor baby! Hope you feel better soon pretty Otis! Hugs to you baby and mommy too.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Oh Susan...Honey!!!

Hot spots can spread like wildfire and from nothing, please do not
think you missed something and it looks like this because you did.
No!...and Vetercyn works the same miracle to heal them...fast!

I lift y'all to God's throne for His miracle healing LOVE to cover this.

Please continue to update us, I'm msg my Ph # so you can call me
if you need a listening ear & comforting hug...nothing worse than
worry & feeling alone. We are here for you & Elmo!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Good device here from very competent members. I'm especially in favor of shaving the neck area as it is very important to help keep the area dry. Consider socks on the feet and keeping nails as short as possible to minimize damage/irritation from scratching. We use belly bands to protect the neck area from further scratching when necessary.
Has he had a bath recently? The reason I ask is that if the face is not thoroughly rinsed of soap, hot spots will soon follow.
GL!!!

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Veterycin does work wonders but at this point I'd go to a vet and get something stronger...poor thing. It looks bad but Elmo will be fine once treated ..

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Any update on Elmo? [MENTION=9802]My Otis[/MENTION]

OP
My Otis

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Thank You All So Much, You People are the Greatest, I Love All Of You, And So Does Elmo. I took Elmo to the Doctor Yesterday, his face is so much worse, I started crying and could not stop, every time I look at my boy his face is so infected I cry, I have never seen anything like this before on him. I did not take him to his regular Vet. it is about 1 1/2hours from home we went to the Vet where I take my other dogs. He is a really good Doctor. He gave Elmo a steroid shot and some Cephalexin pills to take every 12 hours, Prednisone 20mg. to take for 7 days, then 1/2 tablet every other day, Vet also gave Elmo a Bottle of Miconosol with Baytril to wipe his hot spots two to three times a day. I try to keep his face dry, but with all the blood coming out of the sores it is so hard, I feel so sorry for My Precious Boy. I will keep all of you updated as we go along this horrible infection. Again Love All Of You. And We Thank You All For the Advise and For Caring, You Are Wonderful People.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sending prayers and love to Elmo so he heals up quick.

Susan did anything change in his diet or the house? This seems like it could possibly be an extreme allergic reaction to something ... ?

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Good luck, Elmo - we hope the meds will help you heal!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online