Please Help Elmo, I am in Tears

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
those hotspots can get big really fast.. i always keep hot spot medicine on hand so i can catch it as soon as possible.. good luck.. i would bet that is what it is.. hope your poor elmo gets better soon..

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Poor Elmo :( I hope he feels better soon! Hugs from me and Murray

OP
My Otis

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Christine, Nothing has changed in his food, his diet, I am using the same thing on floors and clothes. This Hot Spot is Awful. Thank You For Caring about My Elmo.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Sending positive and healing vibes your way.

OP
My Otis

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
100_0937.JPG100_0938.JPG100_0939.JPGThis is Elmo after 2 days of Medicine, it still looks so bad, but the bleeding has almost stopped. I will for sure know what to expect if there is a next time my Elmo has this, which I Pray he never does, I am going to buy the Vetericyn Gel to keep on hand. Thank You all so Much, I Love You All and Your Fur Babies. Susan and Elmo

OP
My Otis

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Elmo kept his eyes shut, after I put the Med. on him.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Elmo kept his eyes shut, after I put the Med. on him.

Hurts my heart to see him like that.... Sweet boy.

I'm surprised the vet did not shave the large one .... Fur traps dirt and moisture which feeds the spot. Air and keeping it dry helps the healing process. If you can, you might want to do so

Give Elmo some big hugs and kisses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Poor Elmo!!! I feel your worry! I'm praying for you and Elmo. Just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you and Elmo!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
...it still looks so bad, but the bleeding has almost stopped.
Hot spots, once recognized and treatment has begun, always continue to look bad and will even look worse as they heal. Do not worry, he's on the mend. Formation of scabs is simply part of the healing process...and although it looks terrible he likely feels no discomfort from it.

Again, because this is so localized on his face I'm thinking that shampoo/soap may have set things in motion. Had he had a bath within the past few days or a week maybe? We've had this happen on occasion because the bullies simply do not mind getting their faces lathered up but rinsing thoroughly can be a real struggle. If not, then something else really lit him up...it would be nice to figure out exactly what that trigger was.
BTW, Elmo is quite a handsome boy...he'll be looking his best soon enough.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
It's looking so much better and once healed, you'll never know,
other than your trauma at seeing Otis like this ;(

Sending y'all BIG HUGS as well as continued love & prayer.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Poor Elmo! At least it sounds like he is on the mend and hopefully he will continue to improve! I am glad you got him to the vet and got him some stronger meds. It is crazy how fast the hot spots can spread. Sending positive thoughts that Elmo continues to get better and is back to himself soon!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
View attachment 97032View attachment 97033View attachment 97034This is Elmo after 2 days of Medicine, it still looks so bad, but the bleeding has almost stopped. I will for sure know what to expect if there is a next time my Elmo has this, which I Pray he never does, I am going to buy the Vetericyn Gel to keep on hand. Thank You all so Much, I Love You All and Your Fur Babies. Susan and Elmo

Susan wants when my girl Yuna got a bee sting the same exact thing happened to her, so I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't get stung by something. what the vet prescribed sounds like the perfect way to get him back on track and he is going to be feeling very good very soon! Give him kissies from me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

penguinspam

Feb 13, 2016
Poole, UK
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Betty
Poor baby! Hope he heals up in no time, I hate hotspots, Betty has had a couple on her neck before and they seemed to appear out of nowhere!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Yes, it does seem that hotspots do appear out of nowhere, and sounds like Elmo is starting to heal. So glad he went to the vet. If there is a next time-zap it right away! Sorry this has happened-but glad he is on the mend-he is too handsome to have uglies on him!

buffym

Apr 30, 2013
Allen Park, Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie, Dually (Forever in my Heart)
Awe poor Elmo glad he is on the mend and will feel better soon!! Those hot spots can be scary!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.