It's Happening, This Weekend!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=1639]Burrish[/MENTION] That is such wonderful news ... we often follow stories on Ebn of people picking up their bully babies and it is just so exciting to follow their stories, but I have to say that hearing this news and knowing that on Saturday you will have your bully is just extra-special because of the life he has had. There is something special about a rescue-bully!!! I don't think I'm on my own when I say this, so be prepared to be tormented for as many photos and stories of Bosley as you can possibly post!!! :up: :up: :up:

I do love that name .. Bosley ... it's like the name was invented for him because it suits him so well. :bully:

As for the crate, well we've always used a crate for the first year or so with all our dogs just to use when we're away, and overnight. There is just Daddy in the crate now and he goes in ok, but that is it and doesn't go in by choice during the day. However, the other dogs do use his man-cave during the day because it's always full of fluffy blankets!!!

I am now going to be looking for all possible updates that you post about Bosley .... probably with all the other EBN members!!!!

OP
Burrish

Burrish

Dec 24, 2010
Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Bosley
Thanks so much to all of you for the wonderful words, advice and encouragement. I'm truly grateful! Believe me when I say that I'll be taking plenty of pics and posting updates about the life of Bosley. This will be the first dog that I've ever owned, and I'm well aware that things are going to be different in terms of my daily routines. This is such a welcomed change, and I just can't wait to get it started. I'm now thinking about the times Bosley and I will be hanging out, whether it's playing or just sitting around doing nothing. I could say more, but then it would just sound silly. ;) I'll just have to make sure and translate it through pics and such!

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
[MENTION=1639]Burrish[/MENTION], i cried when i read this:
"Bosley was turned in at a local shelter and the owners asked that he be put to sleep. The shelter personnel asked if they would like to spend some time with him before hand and they said “We really don’t ever touch him…..'"

oh my goodness that tore my heart in two. especially after reading about how much he loves human attention. thank you so much for adopting and giving him a second chance at the life he deserves. my butler is a rescue as well and he is far and away the most rewarding thing in my life. it sounds silly, but i can "feel" his appreciation for me. not something i've experienced with any other dog i've had in the past. it'll take a while for him to adjust, but you'll both be in love in no time! i'm so happy for you!

crate: i use a wire crate for when we are away at work (buy it at walmart or a pet supply warehouse, NOT petco or petsmart, you'll save 20 bucks!) and i bought a portable crate off of overstock.com to take on overnight trips. he sleeps in bed with us at night though, and i have been meaning to get steps. i wouldn't worry about boz jumping off, bulls seem to like the path of least resistance most times.

and keep the name! it is adorable and i love it! :up:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Congratulations! Looking forward to those homecoming pics and many more to follow.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Pictures, pictures, pictures!!!!!! Congrats on your new family member:)

OP
Burrish

Burrish

Dec 24, 2010
Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Bosley
[MENTION=1639]Burrish[/MENTION], i cried when i read this:
"Bosley was turned in at a local shelter and the owners asked that he be put to sleep. The shelter personnel asked if they would like to spend some time with him before hand and they said “We really don’t ever touch him…..'"

oh my goodness that tore my heart in two. especially after reading about how much he loves human attention. thank you so much for adopting and giving him a second chance at the life he deserves. my butler is a rescue as well and he is far and away the most rewarding thing in my life. it sounds silly, but i can "feel" his appreciation for me. not something i've experienced with any other dog i've had in the past. it'll take a while for him to adjust, but you'll both be in love in no time! i'm so happy for you!

Yeah, like all of you, I can't understand how anyone could ignore their pets like that. The fact that they wanted to have him put to sleep shows the utter ignorance of some people. The good part is that there are people at the shelter who know what they're doing, and there are rescue organizations waiting to help heal them.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.