pictures & a question

catorres8988

Jun 3, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike & Sparkles
So Sparkles will be 6 months next Saturday and i am think she is wayyy too small for her age she is prob only 25 pounds. I remember when spike was 6 months how bigger in size he was. anybody else have 6 month old English bulldogs or remember when Ur bulldog was 6 months. i have pictures of spike at 6 months and like i said he was taller and bigger. I'm just worried she is not growing the way she is suppose to. also are some new pics we have taken of spike & sparkles. enjoy :D

Sparkles & Mommy :D
6e51766a.jpg
[/IMG]

Spike & MEEEE
ac89b899.jpg
[/IMG]

The life of some spoiled bulldogs LOL
d24d4e93.jpg
[/IMG]

Sparkles wondering what this strange thing is coming out of the ground..she is prob thinking of eating it b/c she eat anything & everything LOL
1b6d1ad9.jpg
[/IMG]

Bella Cows Mama

Feb 4, 2011
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella Cow
Cute pics! She looks fine to me. Some bullies are just smaller build than others. And if her ribs a prodruding grossly than that is when I would say there's a problem, but like I said, she looks great to me. And I would assume that if there were growth issues, other things would be noticed...extreme fatique from lack of nutrients, maybe aches and pains from bone growth issues, etc. This is all just a guess. How does she act? Does she seem pretty healthy otherwise? I'm sure you have nothing to worry about, but if you do, I'm sure someone on here will know more than me and be able to help you.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Females can be a lot smaller - I can think of some of the board like Orion and Gracie that are not more than 40 pounds full grown, if I recall. I don't think there's any need to be concerned.

OP
catorres8988

catorres8988

Jun 3, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike & Sparkles
oh she is as active maybe more active than any puppy i know. she LOVES annoying her brother lol. the only thing is we feed her 3 times a day of course b/c she is still a puppy and EVERY time she gets fed she acts like she has been starving for days and gobbles let me say INHALES the food like there is no tomorrow. I'm gonna try to see if I can find one of those slow feeder bowls maybe that will slow her down. anybody know where i can find one? I guess I'm just comparing her to what spike was when he was her age but guess i have nothing to worry about. :D
thanks.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Females are normally smaller than males so it makes sense that she would be smaller than Spike is/was. We have some other petite ladies on here like Maggie [MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION], Orion [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION], Princess Gracie [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] [MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION].

OP
catorres8988

catorres8988

Jun 3, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike & Sparkles
figure i ask lol. i was just worried bc she is sooo small. but thats true females r always smaller than males. she's gotta keep that girly figure lol

Hidapriscila

Feb 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily & Humphrey
My experience is this: I got my female first, when she was 4-5 months old, I got a 5-6 month old male. RIGHT after I got him, he had a HUGE growth spurt. She however didn't have her growth spurt until she was almost 11-13 months old. She is probably 10-15 lbs lighter than him now at a year and a half old and we expect that to stay that way. He is between 60-65 pounds and she is 50 pounds. She could stand to lose 3-5 pounds, but he is at his ideal weight. He's a little long legged.

I was going to post pictures, but I'm at work and I apparently have NO pictures here of the pair of them together...guess I have a project this weekend :D

If she is eating, active, and the vet has no concerns, I would just wait and see. Plus, keep in mind, most females are conciderably smaller than males (10+ pounds). She's beautiful & reminds me of my rotten little Lily when she was a puppy...rotten, rotten, rotten :bully:

Priscilla

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
The Princess is 40#s but don't tell anyone. hee hee

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
Cute pictures...and I think you got peace of mind from the other posts...that I don't need to go into her size. ;)

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
They are soooo adorable! If her momma and daddy were both short body bullies she will be a small bully. We had Belly to the vet last night for her rabies and bordatella . She will be 4 mo. Old on the 6th and weighs 22.5 lbs ...think she's gonna take after her daddy! Spike and Sparkles are just beautiful! :heart:

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
She looks fine to me. Jozi is 4
months in a few days and only weights
23Lbs.

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
They're both so gorgeous!

Delilah is really small, too. She weighs roughly 40 lbs but she's really short and not broad or anything.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=689]catorres8988[/MENTION] They are such sweet darling babies you have there!!! Hope this makes you feel better ... Maggie was 3 in December and she's my little butterball weighing in at 35-36lb ... :heart:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.