Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We would like to breeding our Bulldog, but.....

Default We would like to breeding our Bulldog, but.....

My bf had BuBie, 4 years old bully when he was w/ his ex. So BuBie is under both of their name, now they broke up and BuBie has been staying w/ us for 3 years and we wanna breeding him, but my bf said we can not do anything w/o his ex agreement, is it true? y'guys have any ideas for me?

Thanks so much

Real Name
    Mike Blaylock
    Bulldog(s) Names
    SgtMjr. Duketavius (Duke) Bruiser USMC Ret.
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: We would like to breeding our Bulldog, but.....

Weeeeeeeeell, unfortunately, Your BF is right unless the divorce has been finalized and he has total custody of BuBie. Then your free to go.

OH NO T_T can we do anything else? like let say we are only ones who take care BuBie for all along and she didnt give us any supports. Cannt we do Legal process?

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    lex 19 months
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

what your talking about is a civil issue you would need to go talk to the justice of the peace from your county... or see if she'll sign her name off of him, or just split the money w her....
    Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Norman, LeRoy and China
    Likes (Received)

1st off... why do you want to breed him? Has he won in the show ring? Did you do all the health testing? Working in rescue, I see this all the time... "But I have homes for all the puppie when they are born". But they have homes when they are pups , but if they have a health problem or when they grow up and they aren't as "cute" people don't want them anymore. I vote on don't breed unless he has all the health testing done.
    Ask the experimenters why they experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are like us." Ask the experimenters why it is morally okay to experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are not like us." Animal experimentation rests on a logical contradiction. ~Charles R. Magel

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Nikki
    Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog family View Post
    1st off... why do you want to breed him? Has he won in the show ring? Did you do all the health testing? Working in rescue, I see this all the time... "But I have homes for all the puppie when they are born". But they have homes when they are pups , but if they have a health problem or when they grow up and they aren't as "cute" people don't want them anymore. I vote on don't breed unless he has all the health testing done.
    I agree with this 100%!!!! This what breeding should be about...bettering the breed. A good bloodline, temperament and health testing is a must!
    "I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." <3

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

I was thinking the same thing, good post.

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Butler
    Likes (Received)

are you breeding for the $$$$ or for the love of the breed? if your motivation is to sell bulldogs because the pups go for 1-4k, please don't. Bulldogs aren't your average dog and the entire breeding process is difficult and very expensive and should be reserved for professionals. every pup needs to be birthed by cesarean section and the female must be artificially inseminated since the male bulldog is not designed to mount and impregnate the female successfully. The mothers are not naturally good mothers so you will have to be up every 2 hours to supervise feeding, make sure that the mom hasn't crushed a pup by laying on them, keep them under heat lamps, give them their inoculations, among so many other things.

have you shown your dog in any AKC shows? is he registered? how is the bloodline? is he totally healthy?

You could stud him out, but no one besides a backyard breeder will pay for sperm that doesn't come from a champion.

Good luck to you guys, whatever you decide, just please do your research and evaluate your motives.

Dog Park Attendant cadillactaste's Avatar
    Real Name
    Darlene
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank and Sarge
    Likes (Received)

Seriously...to be responsible...one must clearly take into consideration bettering the breed. To ensure this a dog "must" be health tested before breeding...for you do not want to pass anything off to a line and have unhealthy pups or the responsibility for anything that would pop up "genetic"...to said off spring. And trust me even the "STUD" owner is responsible...for health issues that may have come down from their line.

my bf said we can not do anything w/o his ex agreement

As for the ex...By registration guidelines...she would have a say in the matter...until her name is no longer on that registration or she's signed off, his pups might not be acceptable to even register. She has every right to agree or not. Until you have a paper stating other wise...it would be hard to breed this dog to any other...even without testing...you have a legal end that ties this dog to your bf and his ex. And no breeder is going to want the "unknown" breathing down their back...with that sort of snag.

And breeding...I would think you what...want to "stud" him out? [Or are you planning on purchasing a female?] It's also important to make sure that the female is also health tested...to ensure you the health of the line you plan on producing...
    ~ Darlene: 20+ years of being owned by bulldogs. But I can still learn something new from forums and other people's experiences.

Bulldogs: Tank and Sarge

Australian Shepherd: Ahsoka ~ Sarge's sister from another mother...and father

The rest of my zoo:
    1 Pastel Ball Python - No Feet
    2 chinchillas - Nibbles and Fluffy
    2 Ornate Wood turtles- Franklin and Turkish

Thx for all opinions, BuBie's dad was a Champion in AKC show, Bubie never gets sick and have no problems with things, we just think it's a good sperm for bulldog lovers.

By the way, it's not a big deal for us, only my curiosity :-)

Thx everyone again

Dog Park Attendant cadillactaste's Avatar
    Real Name
    Darlene
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank and Sarge
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BuBie View Post
    Thx for all opinions, BuBie's dad was a Champion in AKC show, Bubie never gets sick and have no problems with things, we just think it's a good sperm for bulldog lovers.

By the way, it's not a big deal for us, only my curiosity :-)

Thx everyone again

You bring up something to mind...you may not be aware of. Do you have the original contract that was given from the breeder to your bf and his ex? For...if the sire was a CH. Most likely there is stipulations to using him as a stud. I know with my own show dog I have...be it an Australian Shepherd. When you are dealing with dogs that breeders have striven to show and earn points to titles...they do not want the pups bred from their line used in breeding programs until the dog is proven. Example in case...My dog if I wanted to breed her...must have her points to becoming a CH. She must have her health clearances...And any stud used must also pass her okay first. Before any of those pups maybe registered. Or those puppies will not be allowed registration papers if I fail to do any of those steps. Due to her kennel name is being passed on by any of the pups that her dogs offspring produce. If your dealing with a dog who was sired by a CH...You can bet there are fine lines that one must follow besides not having a sick dog. [Just a heads up...Since I've rubbed elbows with contracts and have a show puppy there are several stipulations that show breeders set for the off spring of all pups they produce.] For you bring out more legal actions that must be looked into.
    ~ Darlene: 20+ years of being owned by bulldogs. But I can still learn something new from forums and other people's experiences.

Bulldogs: Tank and Sarge

Australian Shepherd: Ahsoka ~ Sarge's sister from another mother...and father

The rest of my zoo:
    1 Pastel Ball Python - No Feet
    2 chinchillas - Nibbles and Fluffy
    2 Ornate Wood turtles- Franklin and Turkish

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

WOW ... everything written above is exactly why I have and never will have ANY interest in breeding bulldogs!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads