Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We would like to breeding our Bulldog, but.....

Dog Park Attendant cadillactaste's Avatar
    Real Name
    Darlene
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank and Sarge
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: We would like to breeding our Bulldog, but.....

The kicker of the contract...that needs to be mentioned. If I breed her without her knowledge I void the contract and I have to return the dog back to her. But it's not uncommon for that to be in there as well. It's very common practice to stipulate that in a contract...I've heard it from a number of show breeders when I took Ahsoka to a dog show. Which I must brag...she took 1st place and Best of Opposite Very pretty ribbons indeed.
    ~ Darlene: 20+ years of being owned by bulldogs. But I can still learn something new from forums and other people's experiences.

Bulldogs: Tank and Sarge

Australian Shepherd: Ahsoka ~ Sarge's sister from another mother...and father

The rest of my zoo:
    1 Pastel Ball Python - No Feet
    2 chinchillas - Nibbles and Fluffy
    2 Ornate Wood turtles- Franklin and Turkish

Dog Park Attendant cadillactaste's Avatar
    Real Name
    Darlene
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank and Sarge
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: We would like to breeding our Bulldog, but.....

Quote Originally Posted by kazzy220 View Post
    WOW ... everything written above is exactly why I have and never will have ANY interest in breeding bulldogs!!!

I'm hearing ya...I don't plan on breeding. I originally wanted a pet. By the time I convinced my husband on a "third" dog. The breeder I had been dealing with had her pups all placed. [Still at her home but sold] She referred me to another show breeder who she was a mentor of. For I wanted more of a show line verses herding line. Due to I know they have herding instincts and wanted one less driven. And I wanted one with health clearances. So since the breeder knew I was on her mentor's list...she loosened her rules a bit...and gave me a pup she thought would not pass the eye clear. [Nothing "wrong" per se but she was not show quality due to something that would cause her to maybe "squint" which is common with the breed when out in bright sunlight] Anyways...she called it wrong...she didn't have what she thought...just color pigmentation that was darker. And is...now a show pup. We fell in love with her...watched her grow. And so she upheld our contract we had originally on her. I considered getting her to CH. Only to show respect for the breeder who allowed us to continue with our original contract even though the contract stated she was a pet. Which now she wasn't listed under that classification. I plan on spaying her once her growth plates are developed. But would like to get that CH title for a feather in the breeder's cap.

I see their reasoning...to strive for healthy lines...and earn titles showing they are producing dogs that follow the structure that is considered "sound" and so fourth. To have someone then take a pup from their lines...breed it to some dog not "worthy" or without health clearances then any pups that might have health issues from such breedings then fall back on their kennel's line. And is like a black eye and all the work they have struggled to achieve is for what?

So I'm fine with the contract...But no...I'm not cut out for breeding.
    ~ Darlene: 20+ years of being owned by bulldogs. But I can still learn something new from forums and other people's experiences.

Bulldogs: Tank and Sarge

Australian Shepherd: Ahsoka ~ Sarge's sister from another mother...and father

The rest of my zoo:
    1 Pastel Ball Python - No Feet
    2 chinchillas - Nibbles and Fluffy
    2 Ornate Wood turtles- Franklin and Turkish

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads