Does anyone find their hairs in their dogs poo? What's the best way to help him pass them?

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
So either I shed way too much, my vacuum isn't powerful enough, or I don't vacuum enough. I thought I was doing well with the latter. My hair is currently down to my shoulders, but it has been as long as mid back before. About once a month, when Fezzik is going potty he runs away and sits down suddenly because he is passing one of my hairs.

Does anyone know how I can help him out in this instance? I don't want to pull it out but he is obviously in discomfort. (He is worm negative)

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
It's happened with our bullies a few times...my wife has very long hair. On one occasion, Zoey was out in the yard doing her business and was obviously distressed by a hair. Funny thing was it was hanging out by 18" with a marble-sized piece of poop on the end of it. She took off running and tried her best to out run it. As my wife opened the door to let the dogs back in I'm yelling to her, "Zoey has a clinger, er, hanger, er chaser...whatever!!!". She ran through the house for a bit chased by the poop marble. Sandy finally got a hold of her and simply pulled it out.
It's nothing to get upset about, just pull out gently what you can and the rest will come out later.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Happens all the time for us too... my hair is at the end of my shoulder blades, so kind of long, I keep poo bags with me so when it happens, I can easily place the bag around my hand and remove the strand

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online