using the bathroom in the house.

codered

Feb 25, 2016
panhandle of Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diamond
i am so frustrated that when ever i'm not around no matter if i take her out she still pees or poops in the house. i just don't understand it, so i'm reaching out to other people for help.

sent from my brick using clay

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Is Diamond kenneled when you are away?

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
Crate training was the only thing that helped house break Meatball. He is almost 4 and if we don't crate him while we are out he will still pee in house usually on a couch, blanket, or pillow. If we are home? No problem at all. I swear Meatball does it out of spite. He HATES being alone!!! Makes him very destructive and anxious. So definitely try crating

jdeveaux

Bully Buttler
Jan 12, 2016
Sugar Land, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jupiter
+1 for Crate Training. It is the most effective way to protect them and your belongings. We started Jupiter in the crate from the moment we picked her up and she has no problems with it at all. She actually has multiple crates right now :) One that she sleeps in at night which is smaller and her larger one where she stays when we are out or we are feeding the pack.

Danny Ella

Feb 7, 2016
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Ella
i am so frustrated that when ever i'm not around no matter if i take her out she still pees or poops in the house. i just don't understand it, so i'm reaching out to other people for help.

How old is she? honestly my wide and I were in the same boat with Ella but one day she was just trained. Now she never has an accident. We do kennel her when we are not at home. But in the beginning it was very hard to potty train her. I have to give credit to my wife mostly because she took Ella out all the time in the beginning.

Dont give up keep at it. I bet she will get better

OP
codered

codered

Feb 25, 2016
panhandle of Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diamond
Crate training was the only thing that helped house break Meatball. He is almost 4 and if we don't crate him while we are out he will still pee in house usually on a couch, blanket, or pillow. If we are home? No problem at all. I swear Meatball does it out of spite. He HATES being alone!!! Makes him very destructive and anxious. So definitely try crating
oh good lord i know that too often. she made my favorite jeans cowboy cut wranglers a pee spot. i think she likes to pee on it because it smells like me.

KYFLBulldog

Mar 13, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Max
:ponder: There is irony in your current ranking of "potty trainer" and the thread topic.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Nope...not giving you a pass, Cody, to complain or be frustrated with Diamond.

Sounds like she's had a hard life, neglected and with lots of physical problems
and maybe, mental ones. AND...she's in a new place, new people and probably
never potty trained. Did you really expect miracles?

There are excellent articles under Forums & these kind members will be sharing
their helpful training tips so CHILL and work patiently, kindly & calmly with her.
I'm amazed that Diamond is doing even half as great as she is, especially as she's
a bulldog, not feeling well, etc. Count your lucky stars!

I'll share my tips too but am just too damned sad for several losses this week of
my friends here, I love these bullies almost as if they were mine and know how
deeply these dear friends & families are hurting.

Diamond is doing a wonderful job of dealing with so much and all at once. Please
honor her and give her credit, nothing comes easy or overnight.

penguinspam

Feb 13, 2016
Poole, UK
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Betty
I'm not sure how house broken Betty was in her previous house. We have a shaggy rug in our living room which she kept peeing on, I think she thinks it looks like grass (we visited friends with her who have the same rug in a different colour and she did the same thing!). We've covered it with her blanket now which helps. When we're out she stays in our kitchen with her crate in with her and she hasn't ever had an accident in there. But yesterday morning she decided to pee on her blanket in the middle of the living room even though she'd been for a walk an hour before and peed twice! She doesn't really ask to go outside so we just take her out every couple of hours and see if she has to go, then if she does, lots of praise. It's frustrating, but it's just one of those things, worse things than cleaning a bit of dog pee I suppose! I would get cleaner specifically for pet stains that has enzymes in it so that Diamond can't smell where's she's gone before.

paw7004

Aug 30, 2012
Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tebow
Pork potties in the house even though there is a doggie door. I took him out every morning before work and before bed. For 3 years. My neighbor kept him for 4 days while I was out of town. No accidents at her house. He went 6 mos without any puddles so I figured he was 'fixed' and replaced 14 yr old carpets. Well, poo. He started it all over again. Today I bought a baby gate and he'll be relegated to the basement with the doggie door when I'm at work. Pork was not trained when I got him at 1.5 yrs but from what I've read, his behavior isn't unusual. I don't want him crated 10 hrs while I'm at work.

OP
codered

codered

Feb 25, 2016
panhandle of Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diamond
Nope...not giving you a pass, Cody, to complain or be frustrated with Diamond.

Sounds like she's had a hard life, neglected and with lots of physical problems
and maybe, mental ones. AND...she's in a new place, new people and probably
never potty trained. Did you really expect miracles?

There are excellent articles under Forums & these kind members will be sharing
their helpful training tips so CHILL and work patiently, kindly & calmly with her.
I'm amazed that Diamond is doing even half as great as she is, especially as she's
a bulldog, not feeling well, etc. Count your lucky stars!

I'll share my tips too but am just too damned sad for several losses this week of
my friends here, I love these bullies almost as if they were mine and know how
deeply these dear friends & families are hurting.

Diamond is doing a wonderful job of dealing with so much and all at once. Please
honor her and give her credit, nothing comes easy or overnight.
you have a point carol, i was expecting miracles. and i am lucky. well i crate trained her and she doesn't do it. now there are times were i get home and go to bed and she pees and poops in the house. shame on me for being a bad owner. she's also marking her territory because my cousins brought their dog and i get worked up. but then i remember that it's a terriotorial thing. this is still a learning experience for me. i am a first time dog owner and learning from trial and error.

OP
codered

codered

Feb 25, 2016
panhandle of Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diamond
I'm not sure how house broken Betty was in her previous house. We have a shaggy rug in our living room which she kept peeing on, I think she thinks it looks like grass (we visited friends with her who have the same rug in a different colour and she did the same thing!). We've covered it with her blanket now which helps. When we're out she stays in our kitchen with her crate in with her and she hasn't ever had an accident in there. But yesterday morning she decided to pee on her blanket in the middle of the living room even though she'd been for a walk an hour before and peed twice! She doesn't really ask to go outside so we just take her out every couple of hours and see if she has to go, then if she does, lots of praise. It's frustrating, but it's just one of those things, worse things than cleaning a bit of dog pee I suppose! I would get cleaner specifically for pet stains that has enzymes in it so that Diamond can't smell where's she's gone before.
thank you for the advice do you have any recomendations? we have a rug doctor and i use pinesol.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online