Cooling Vests....

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Does anyone have a good recommendations for cooling vests?

I live in NC. Today it was 81 and humid already!! The babies were outside for 30 mins and came in panting.

We are pretty active. We walk them all of the time and spend a lot of time outdoors when my daughter has softball practice.

I think I'm going to get a cooling blanket for them, but there are sooooo many vests out there, i'de rather not waste my money on crappy ones before I find a good one. Especially when I'm buying 2. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
Hi, Lola would overheat and I went to extremes to be sure I had items on hand that would help her. This means that I have gone overboard, however I do have one really nice cooling vest that we take with us on road trips especially int he summer when there is the rare chance our car would die and the A/C would be done for. Its used for military and police dogs, the RPCM chillydog cooling vest. We keep the cooling packs in the cooler for the ride, and if we need them, they come out into the vest. Otherwise the keep the food cold. In ice water, the packs will refreeze within minutes. Worth the cost in my opinion. Consider getting the small size though.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I do not have any but... do not leave them alone with the vest or pads, not too long ago we had a member almost lost her baby cause he chewed it up while she was at work. I can't remember the whole situation, but just be sure they are always supervised when you use them

OP
Corine Pesantes

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Thanks [MENTION=164]APRIL[/MENTION]mari! I'll def look into them!
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION], definitely! We don't have a fence yet, so someone is always outside with them.

It was a nice day out - a lot warmer than its been in a while. They didn't want to come inside, then my neighbor came out with his very playful pit bull. They all played for about 15 mins (after they had already been playing in the yard with me). By the time we were walking back to the house, both of them just plopped down on the garage floor. When I got them in, I poured them each a big bowl of cold water and they sucked that down quick.

We are just outside a lot over the summer, especially bc they love it. So I just want to keep them safe. I would die if they over heated. But I'll feel guilty keeping them in the house all of the time too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.