Does This Harness Fit ???

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Hello all! I posted in the training thread about Joey HATING her Julius K9 harness. Got to thinking "do I have it fitted correctly?"

Thoughts?? Thanks so much!!
Harness Fit.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It does look tight on her chest..... I tagged some member that have the harness to help.

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
You've got in on correctly, but it might be a little high in the chest and too tight. I make sure I can stick three fingers in the back or front. I see skin bunches in your pic.

This is mine is his.

Fezz harness.jpg

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Looks very snuggled.

I would like to buy one of them harnesses but not even sure if Nyala stop growing. Lol

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
You've got in on correctly, but it might be a little high in the chest and too tight. I make sure I can stick three fingers in the back or front. I see skin bunches in your pic.

This is mine is his.

View attachment 96497
[MENTION=15285]KimDe[/MENTION] Thank you, I did buy one size up just in case she out grew this one. Do you think I should adjust the pink one to sit lower on the chest or do you think its entirely too small?

- - - Updated - - -

It does look tight on her chest..... I tagged some member that have the harness to help.

Thank you, as always :)

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
[MENTION=14995]sisters3[/MENTION] - after fixing the harness fitting if Joey still doesnt like it dont panic! Izzy hides from me every time I grab hers! She hates it!

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
[MENTION=15285]KimDe[/MENTION] Thank you, I did buy one size up just in case she out grew this one. Do you think I should adjust the pink one to sit lower on the chest or do you think its entirely too small?

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you, as always :)

I would adjust it so it is looser in front and under the belly (3 finger rule). The front of mine sits just in front and above his shoulder sockets. Just make sure it is away from the throat. That's the way that I do it and hopefully it is right. He has always stayed in it, but he isn't much of an escape artist.

Here is the Julius K9 instruction video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF41AOP95BU

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=14995]sisters3[/MENTION] - after fixing the harness fitting if Joey still doesnt like it dont panic! Izzy hides from me every time I grab hers! She hates it!

OMG thanks!!! Joey runs the MINUTE I open the closet door to get it out, she runs under the table and WILL NOT COME OUT until I pretend to leave without her........This makes me feel better!!!!

OK, who wants to buy some cheap K9 harnesses, size 0 and 1

- - - Updated - - -

I would adjust it so it is looser in front and under the belly (3 finger rule). The front of mine sits just in front and above his shoulder sockets. Just make sure it is away from the throat. That's the way that I do it and hopefully it is right. He has always stayed in it, but he isn't much of an escape artist.

Here is the Julius K9 instruction video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF41AOP95BU

Wonderful, thank you, I will try the adjustments.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hello all! I posted in the training thread about Joey HATING her Julius K9 harness. Got to thinking "do I have it fitted correctly?"

Thoughts?? Thanks so much!!
View attachment 96496

hi Sue, I agree with Christine, Kim and others, the harness does look a little tight or snug, especially under the belly. It looks like the strap is pushing up on his tummy, there shouldn't be an indent, just loosen the strap a little. The chest strap also looks a little snug and sitting too high, you can also loosen and adjust this strap, and it should be laying more across his chest rather than on his neck. How much does Joey weigh, and which size of harness did you buy? My guys weigh about 48 lbs and I bought them a Size 1 harness, and they fit very well. How long have had the harness, and how many times has she worn it? My guys didn't like it at first, but with continued wear they got used to it. I use the harnesses for mostly long walks, and use their collars for potty breaks, and when we go months car.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    622.1 KB · Views: 164
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    667.8 KB · Views: 165

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
It does look tight across her chest, and don't worry about them running… Wally goes ballistic and Willow just hides. NORMAL bulldog reactions… :rofl:

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
hi Sue, I agree with Christine, Kim and others, the harness does look a little tight or snug, especially under the belly. It looks like the strap is pushing up on his tummy, there shouldn't be an indent, just loosen the strap a little. The chest strap also looks a little snug and sitting too high, you can also loosen and adjust this strap, and it should be laying more across his chest rather than on his neck. How much does Joey weigh, and which size of harness did you buy? My guys weigh about 48 lbs and I bought them a Size 1 harness, and they fit very well. How long have had the harness, and how many times has she worn it? My guys didn't like it at first, but with continued wear they got used to it. I use the harnesses for mostly long walks, and use their collars for potty breaks, and when we go months car.
[MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] Ohhhhhhh, this is GREAT information, thank you!! Joey weighs just about 47#, the pink one she is wearing is size 0 and I just bought a size 1, so.......................guess she should being starting the size 1. I've been using it off and on for a month or so. I really need to get her away from collar for walks, potty breaks ok, but walks she really needs the harness. OMH thank you very very much, I will try the red size 1 on her and post pic for fit. This really helps put into perspective.

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
It does look tight across her chest, and don't worry about them running… Wally goes ballistic and Willow just hides. NORMAL bulldog reactions… :rofl:

THANK GOODNESS, when Joey started running away from me I was like "whaaaaaaaaaaaat ???" She loves going on walks and car rides so I was shocked when she ran away from me when I grabbed the harness. Onto the bigger size. Thanks!

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
Mine is fine with his. He plays a little hard to get at first but is fine with it most of the time. But that is because every time he goes outside it is on him. Even if I am letting him out potty.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
@Vikinggirl Ohhhhhhh, this is GREAT information, thank you!! Joey weighs just about 47#, the pink one she is wearing is size 0 and I just bought a size 1, so.......................guess she should being starting the size 1. I've been using it off and on for a month or so. I really need to get her away from collar for walks, potty breaks ok, but walks she really needs the harness. OMH thank you very very much, I will try the red size 1 on her and post pic for fit. This really helps put into perspective.

Hi, I'm glad I was able to help. If Joey weighs 47 lbs, then she definitely needs the size 1. I fit the chest piece loose enough to let it sit on their chests below the neck. The harness should not sit on the neck as it will choke them and push on their esophagus if they pull when walking. The strap under the tummy should fit snug, but not tight, and you should be able to have 2 to 3 fingers between the strap and their body. The size 1 will definitely fit her better. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of her in her new harness.

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Hi!! Thanks again for all of the help, here is photo with size 1 harness. Better?
New Harness.jpg

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.