Likes (Received)

Default Re: Uh oh...worrisome vet visit

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni23 View Post
    -image-jpeg

-image-jpeg

-image-jpeg

In that second pic, she's actually sound asleep, lol

Precious pics of both your babies!

Jenni...in the last pic, that chew looks like a bully stick.
    If it is one, they are a choking hazard and can very easily
    be swallowed whole which will be an obstruction. Please
    throw it away...pig ears too as their just not safe.

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

5. Likes Manydogs liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni23 View Post
    -image-jpeg

-image-jpeg

I'm practicing posting new pics.
    ..... Freckled ears!!!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

7. Likes Manydogs liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Oh my goodness what a precious baby I am praying that she fights through all of this and is better soon!!! ❤️❤️❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Susan Moore
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elmo
    Likes (Received)

Gigi is Beautiful, she is Precious. I Pray she will get all Better. Give Gigi my Love and Kisses to this Beauty.

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

@Jenni23 GiGi is a little sweetheart. Sending many prayers and best wishes for her, for better health. She looks brighteyed, which is a good sign. Many times you can tell by their eyes, if they are a fighter or not. I had a toy poodle named GiGi, and she was a fighter-good name to pick! She had heart surgery at 3 months,and when she was older, fought fluid for many years-but kept on going like the energizer bunny! Here's wishing your GiGi the spunk to keep on going-she will make it!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

11. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training Christie H's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
    Likes (Received)

Prayers for your girl..

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Bulldog Vet in Training g8erjackie's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jackie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruckus and Regina
    Likes (Received)

Poor Gigi! I'm glad she's a little better after the steroid shot. Ruckus had pneumonia when he was a puppy (bad reaction to the intranasal version of the kennel cough vaccine, but it's a long story). Clavamox did nothing for him and I pushed the vet for stronger meds. I'll try to find his vet records, I have them around here somewhere and let you know what he was on in case you need another option. He had such terrible green mucus and was so lethargic. One thing I did for the mucus was I got one of those baby suction things and sucked the mucus out of his nostrils so he didn't breathe it back in a swallow it and so he could breathe better. In addition to taking him in the bathroom and steaming it up, I bought a humidifier and created a tent over his crate with heavy blankets and put it under the blankets buy outside he crate and would do this for 10 minutes at a time. My vet said I could also buy a nebulizer and use it with just the saline to help break up the mucus. You are definitely Gigi's hero! I almost cried thinking about her poor sister.

14. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Georgia
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by g8erjackie View Post
    Poor Gigi! I'm glad she's a little better after the steroid shot. Ruckus had pneumonia when he was a puppy (bad reaction to the intranasal version of the kennel cough vaccine, but it's a long story). Clavamox did nothing for him and I pushed the vet for stronger meds. I'll try to find his vet records, I have them around here somewhere and let you know what he was on in case you need another option. He had such terrible green mucus and was so lethargic. One thing I did for the mucus was I got one of those baby suction things and sucked the mucus out of his nostrils so he didn't breathe it back in a swallow it and so he could breathe better. In addition to taking him in the bathroom and steaming it up, I bought a humidifier and created a tent over his crate with heavy blankets and put it under the blankets buy outside he crate and would do this for 10 minutes at a time. My vet said I could also buy a nebulizer and use it with just the saline to help break up the mucus. You are definitely Gigi's hero! I almost cried thinking about her poor sister.
    Any extra help or info is truly appreciated, especially if you've dealt with pneumonia! She's going on a month and a half of no significant improvement. She has been on clavamox since the beginning. She's also been on baytril. The steroid shot seemed to help improve her for a few days, so we picked up some prednisone and continued with that, and the cough seems just as bad as before the steroid. We do have a bronchial dilator medicine coming from a compound pharmacy, I hope it gets here today. We have put her in the steamy bathroom quite a few times. I have a cool mist humidifier in our bedroom where her crate is, but should it be a cool mist or warm mist? I can definitely tent her in her crate with the humidifier too, hadn't thought of that. I open to trying anything that will help her.

I also am confused on what her normal activity level should be for a four month old puppy. I've never had any type of bulldog, so I don't know what's normal for them. When my Shih Tzus were puppies, they were balls of energy playing all the time. She seems to have short spurts of energy, 15-20 minutes, and then long periods of rest.

Thanks so much for all the help and well wishes!

Jenn and Gigi

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member sisters3's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    My Girl Joey
    Likes (Received)

Ahhhhhh God Bless her little heart!!! She is adorable!!! FIGHT GIGI FIGHT LITTLE ONE!!!!
    May the sun in your eyes be your ONLY problem today! Peace Friends!

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Georgia
    Likes (Received)

We visited the vet on Monday for a recheck. The last visit she was put on a steroid. At her visit on Monday, they took X-rays, and due to the steroid being an immunosuppressant, her pneumonia got a little worse We stopped the steroid immediately. She has had to go up in dosage on her antibiotics, since her weight has gone up, so we had those refilled. She is currently taking Baytril, Clavamox, pepcid, and a bronchial dilator medicine. She doesn't have any nasal discharge. Her eating and drinking is fine. Her energy level has dipped a little in the last couple days, I think thats due to the pneumonia getting a little worse. The vet is supposed to be checking on a nebulizer for her pneumonia and a bailey chair for her Mega Esophagus. I hope she gets back to me today, I did send an email checking on it yesterday, but haven't heard back yet. Is it terrible that I want to go in the vets office and just tell them to please get it done now? I don't want to be that kind of pushy person, but I'm tired of having to wait to get things that might possibly help her out. Then I feel guilty for wanting to be pushy, because I'm sure she has so many other patients that need things too Sorry, I'm venting this morning.

Jenn and Gigi

18. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Remove Ads