sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Water bottle us fine as long as , like Jessica stated, she is getting enough. I think [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] uses them in crates.

Feeding time for us is very calm, we trained them to do a sit/stay until they are released to their bowl when it is their turn to eat.
I have a video i'll dig up and post for you-- Lambeau was about 10 weeks old i. It

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] Joey does the same. A good friend of mine with 2 dachshunds showed me EARLY on and Joey picked up right away. When I put her bowl of food down she sits and looks right in my eyes, we say "grace" and then I release her and she eats. THE DROOL is awful so we make it a quick "grace" LOL
[MENTION=15577]Jenni23[/MENTION] With persistence they learn beautifully.....MOST things. Joey still only comes when I call IF she's not busy :)

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
You got great advice already! I also make Izzy sit before eating because she used to get too anxious. Now she's the cutest because she will wait for me to give her the okay. It helped us a lot!

As far as heat.... mine is very active. She is a smaller bulldog (weight) with longer legs and no breathing issues so she can stand the heat pretty well. She also likes to exercise a lot and is very active (actually getting more active each year - she is 3 years old now). But I started her with shorter walks during the summer... always carrying water with me and watching closely to make sure she is okay. In our case as long as there is water and/or a lake for her to cool down we could go for hours!

OP
Jenni23

Jenni23

Mar 3, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Georgia
Thanks for all the great answers to my many questions! I did end up taking her for a short walk on a shady path. She enjoyed it once we got going and she was very happy and social with everyone we ran into. She did have a few scares. Once with a little construction noise and again with a howling hound dog. She just seemed startled and I just gave her a little tug and kept walking. She did have a romp with a new friend. A little terrier mix named Basil, that lives behind us. They played wonderfully for a good 15 minutes.

OP
Jenni23

Jenni23

Mar 3, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Georgia
New question today, and thank the lord, has nothing to do with pneumonia! Lol. I have to find a way to slow down Gigi's food consumption, but I need her to eat elevated at the same time. I'm looking at purchasing the neater feeder and the stainless ball to use in her bowl. Has anyone used the neater feeder? And how do you like it?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.