The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Hey Todd - @Marine91 - How is Harlea doing on the Apoquel? Its been a couple of weeks now. Tyson has the itchies now, so I wanted to call and see if I could get him some from Brittmoore.
She is doing really good. The first 2 weeks she got half a pill twice a day and didn't scratch at all but maybe once or twice during that time and even then it was real quick and she was done. The 3rd week we dropped her to half a pill once a day like the vet said to do and by late evening she starts to scratch a bit but it isn't non-stop or super hard like she was doing. More like a normal dog that just has a little itch kind of thing. We are going to talk to the vet about adjusting the dose and go from there but over all it is a night and day improvement.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
She is doing really good. The first 2 weeks she got half a pill twice a day and didn't scratch at all but maybe once or twice during that time and even then it was real quick and she was done. The 3rd week we dropped her to half a pill once a day like the vet said to do and by late evening she starts to scratch a bit but it isn't non-stop or super hard like she was doing. More like a normal dog that just has a little itch kind of thing. We are going to talk to the vet about adjusting the dose and go from there but over all it is a night and day improvement.

Great to know! Thanks :) We literally get dusted with pollen as we walk, its insane & annoying. Ugh.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w

Hey Todd :)

Both of mine are on it too, but Wellie reacted the same way, at night, the itching would start. I was told because it metabolizes very fast. So someone advised me to split the daily dosage in two. Half in the morning, half at night. That seemed to do that trick, he stopped scratching. But, Wellie is getting one 16mg tab a day. Since Harlea is getting half a pill, it may be a pain to split. Still, it doesn't hurt to try.

Good luck.

Biscuitsmom

Mar 14, 2016
Richmond VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
Wow that is great! I have never heard of this but I'm going to ask my vet about it for my pit who has allergies and chews her feet and scratches her ears. Benadryl helps but this sounds much better especially if it can be used long term.

Most Reactions