What is the best water bowl for a Bullie?

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie (2015), Jasper (2020), Tucker (2015-2020)
My floor is always wet from my two Bullies drinking water. They literally dip their chins into the bowl of water, then use that Bulldog tongue to splash water over the edge of the bowl and onto the floor. The construction of their short noses and elongated bottom jaws makes them naturally messy. I know I am not alone in having to deal with this, so I'm wondering if there is some kind of special dish any of you use to keep SOME of the water off of the floor? Any special tricks?

:hissy3::gloom::yell:

OP
Mom of Tucker

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
That is a good idea. I've put down towels and other mats, but they just get soaked. Thanks!

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Mine still go in there crates. I have Lix-it bottles in there for them. I keep a towel under the drip part for when it drips. Never a mess on my floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
We use old beach towels around a large plastic drip tray holding a 24" stainless steel water bowl. Five bullies can make quite a mess in no time at all. It works so so.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
A straw...mine would swallow it! [MENTION=12277]RalphieBoy[/MENTION] bought industrial carpet like they use in restaurant kitchens.

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
I have a large plastic tray under their food and water bowls so the overflow doesn't get on the floor. I think I got it at Marshall's for maybe $10. It's bone shaped but really any plastic tray with a lip will work. That and I chase Rukus and Regina down to wipe their mouths after they drink....fighting the battle of the drool.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I bought the Neeter Feeder… it really helps w/the meal time messes. They would drip water SO bad that the baseboards were starting to rot… you can put the bowls in the dishwasher, and I just wipe down the plastic w/white vinegar about once a week.

images-15.jpeg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have an LL Bean mat under the bowl, but I also keep a towel next to the bowl as Lambeau LOVES to walk away while he is still drinking :facepalm:

penguinspam

Feb 13, 2016
Poole, UK
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Betty
We keep a rubber backed doormat under Betty's bowls and a small towel nearby. She's not too bad unless she decides she wants attention right after drinking and plops her soaking wet chin in your lap.

LeleNY

Dec 1, 2015
NY
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
Big (Notorious B.I.G.)
I have an LL Bean mat under the bowl, but I also keep a towel next to the bowl as Lambeau LOVES to walk away while he is still drinking :facepalm:

Such a relief to know I'm not the only one cleaning the floor 24/7! :lol:

OP
Mom of Tucker

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I bought the Neeter Feeder… it really helps w/the meal time messes. They would drip water SO bad that the baseboards were starting to rot… you can put the bowls in the dishwasher, and I just wipe down the plastic w/white vinegar about once a week.

View attachment 96301

I saw this and wondered if it works. I may give it a shot. The paint on the baseboard is peeling :wallbang:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.