Cherry Eye

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
So after 4 months of Lockjaws cherry eye being out, tonight I noticed while we were playing that it was back in.
His surgery is scheduled for the 24th. If it stays in should I still have it tacked? And has anyone seen it go back in after being out for so long?!?

0a5449496ee336bcd12cb0bf3641b28b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I know with FTSE I could massage it back in for a while and then it wouldn't go back and then after the surgery it popped out I was freaking rang the vet so upset and then it disappeared and all been good for four years. But it was only one eye thank god

OP
Corine Pesantes

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
I know with FTSE I could massage it back in for a while and then it wouldn't go back and then after the surgery it popped out I was freaking rang the vet so upset and then it disappeared and all been good for four years. But it was only one eye thank god

Yea- His has been out since Oct/Nov. I was able to massage it back once or twice, then it wouldn't go back in and it's been out since.
Out of nowhere tonight, it popped back in on it's own. Then came out about 15 mins later, then I was able to massage it back in.
He's sleeping now, so I guess we'll see how it looks tomorrow.
I think I'll just see how it does between now and surgery date. I just always want to make the best decision.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
U
Yea- His has been out since Oct/Nov. I was able to massage it back once or twice, then it wouldn't go back in and it's been out since.
Out of nowhere tonight, it popped back in on it's own. Then came out about 15 mins later, then I was able to massage it back in.
He's sleeping now, so I guess we'll see how it looks tomorrow.
I think I'll just see how it does between now and surgery date. I just always want to make the best decision.

Yes and that the hard part isn't it, anyway good luck maybe hopefully it will stay back in lets pray

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
I hope it stays in! If not though, the surgery wasn't so bad except for the stupid cone. I think the whole thing was more traumatic for me than it was for Murray though. Good luck!!!

OP
Corine Pesantes

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
I hope it stays in! If not though, the surgery wasn't so bad except for the stupid cone. I think the whole thing was more traumatic for me than it was for Murray though. Good luck!!!

I hope so too!! Well, he's also getting neutered and nares widened as well, so the cone is inevitable. But I still worry about doing something to his eye that MAY be unnecessary. But on the other hand- if it popped out and it's been out all this time, maybe just tack it back to prevent a future second surgery.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Maybe if you don't squeeze so tight when you're hugging Lockjaw it will stay in. GL!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.