Do your family/friends/coworkers think you are a crazy bulldog person?

Miss Molly

Feb 18, 2011
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus
OK, so we all know we are and we are cool with that! :p

But do people ever comment on the things we do for our bullies, or do you catch strange looks from time to time?

My husband kind of does. He has learned to accept it, and did learn to love my first bulldog, because the hubby wasn't a big dog person to begin with. He even said after General passed he wanted another dog, but it had to be a bullie. We just got our first one together, Molly.

But he does think some things I or my bullie friends do are strange! Like the amount of time I spend on bulldog forums.... some of the things I do for my dogs, when I say they want a certain item, or something done for them (which I can totally tell what they want!), the online birthday party for Dozer the bulldog last night, doing a secret santa exchange every year for the bullies.

Not that I care what anyone thinks, just wondering if anyone else has someone who thinks the same things!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Considering, Stig is the only dog in the family, of course everyone thinks we're spoiling him! Such as him going to doggy daycare, how we schedule our dinners and such around his needs (I'm adamant about not leaving him alone the whole day, even if we get a dinner invite last minute from fam), even letting him sleep with us.

Last edited:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I am sure most my family thinks I am crazy but thats ok with me. There are a few "dog people" in my family who although dont have bulldogs completely understand.

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
yes. people think i am bananas over butler, and i guess i am. but i was the same with my first eb's. you can't help but want to do everything for them! they have such human like personalities and a much different bond with their people than other dogs.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I don't THINK people believe I'm a crazy english bulldog person .... I KNOW they believe I"m a crazy english bulldog person.

Like I've said before. There are humans, and there are dogs ... and in the middle you have english bullys. If you don't have an english bulldog then there is no way you are going to truly understand.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I work in a pharmacy...about 13 people in all. I'm only 1 of 2 people who don't have kids. But, they are just as obsessed with them as I am. My supervisor is this gorgeous blonde lady who is high maintenance. She will be the first to admit to it. She is the one who sews up Orion's stinky bears for me. She takes them home...stinky (cause I can't wash them until they are sewn up) sews them, and returns them...with love. She remembered Vegas's birthday, and she bought him this fantastic gift on his first birthday....then again at Christmas. And, she isn't even a dog person. She's fallen in love with him thru my videos, photos and stories. What a great lady she is.

Bella Cows Mama

Feb 4, 2011
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella Cow
I'm pretty sure everyone thought I was nutty before Bella...She just solidified their concerns :p :lol:. [MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] that would make a great shirt slogan or even a good line for your sig. I absoluteley love it and will be telling that to the many that question why we do those crazy things for our EB.:up:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
No family, no friends, no coworkers...... Works for me ;)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=1815]Bella Cows Mama[/MENTION] ... Ooooo, never thought of using it in my signature!!! I know I used the same line before in another thread - I'm going to add it now. THANKS for the GREAT idea!! :up:

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
In the eyes of my friends,coworkers ,neighbors,family I am a crazy dog owner!!!! My kids are use to it now but they would give me the rolling of the eyes when the first thing I did when getting home was to fixed Mochas dinner!!! My soon to be mother in law gets a kick out of me always referring to Mocha as her grandchild! I have soooo many pictures of Mocha in my phone that I think my coworkers avoid me in the hallways and elevator( but whenever Mocha comes to visit me at work they all fight about who is taking her for a walk around the office) The great thing is Scott is the same as me with her so they probably call us the crazy couple! oh gosh, I can go on and on.....i have gotten into arguments with relatives that dare call Mocha ugly and have been deleted from Facebook,LOL -I am crazy about Mocha!!

H

heff101

I told me friend how much I paid for Heff (male bulldog) and he just about fainted and told me I was nutso.
My reply was yeah well I know some people who go to Hawaii and spend $300.00 per night on a hotel room (my friend of course). And have nothing but a tan to show for it after a few weeks.
That shut him up in a hurry.

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Oh yes, I definitely have friends who things I'm NUTS! And then they meet Chunk and get it. :)

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
:luv: I am a true nut when it comes to EBs. I have to have my fixes. I recount Bear's antics to the hubby daily, I'll even email him through out the day, photos and such. Hubby thinks I am nuts as hell but understands. There is something truly special about the breed. I love my other dog but you know... I am always told by people they want one but they are too expensive or they can't find one. Then the inevitable "how much did you pay for him?" I don't elaborate because I think it is none of their business but I do say yes they are expensive and my husband used money from a car he sold to get him, which is partly true.

It wasn't until my boss started making fun of me about all the photos of Bear on my phone that I realized, yikes I am a nut. Not to mention my facebook people keep asking for more photos of my son, everytime i post a Bear pic, lol. I always tend to work EBs into a conversation. Shoot I just had a contractor here measuring for doors and told him how Bear peed on my beagle this morning. Yes Bear hiked it up and peed on Rocky, thank God it was outside. So my beagle got a 2nd bath this week.

I love bullies

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.