Real Name
    Cody
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diamond
    Likes (Received)

Question Diamond's eye mucus/boogers

When we got diamond she had her right cherry eye which was gray in color. The picture was before i got her but, she's always had mucus in her eyes which i thought she was getting poor eye liquid. we put eye drops in her eyes but, still the mucus comes back a lot. like 5 minutes after clearing it, i would like to know has anyone else had this type of issue with their bully? i'd like all the info i can get and thank you in advance!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -diamond-jpg  
    You can follow me on
    Instagram: redcody318

2. Likes mybrindlegirl liked this post
    Real Name
    Cody
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diamond
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Diamond's eye mucus/boogers

-imageuploadedbytapatalk1456702197-324843-jpg
    here she is now you can see how much weight she has put on.

sent from my brick using clay
    You can follow me on

4. Likes bullmama liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

She is getting a little thick so you'll need to cut back on her food, you want the waist line to be like a V shape when looking down at them from above.

her eye looks like it may be conjunctivitis and she needs and antibiotic to rid of it...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

6. Likes Texas Carol, bullmama liked this post
    Real Name
    Cody
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diamond
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    She is getting a little thick so you'll need to cut back on her food, you want the waist line to be like a V shape when looking down at them from above.

her eye looks like it may be conjunctivitis and she needs and antibiotic to rid of it...
    thank you for the tip on her weight. she is at 51.1 pounds. unfortunately my mom and sister feed them human food and i tell them not to but no one wants to listen to me. just a general antibiotic or a certain one?
    You can follow me on

Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by codered View Post
    thank you for the tip on her weight. she is at 51.1 pounds. unfortunately my mom and sister feed them human food and i tell them not to but no one wants to listen to me. just a general antibiotic or a certain one?
    it will be an ointment that you'll have to put in her eye for about a week
    e.

Real Name
    Cody
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diamond
    Likes (Received)

it will be an ointment that you'll have to put in her eye for about a week
    do you know of any brand or name of it? i think our vet has misdiagnosed her for just as cherry eye. b\But stuff happens and you can't blame him for helping.
    You can follow me on

Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by codered View Post
    do you know of any brand or name of it? i think our vet has misdiagnosed her for just as cherry eye. b\But stuff happens and you can't blame him for helping.
    i do not know the name of it, but I tagged members that will know. if the mucus is green or yellow, it is an infection and she'll need that ointment
    e.

Real Name
    Cody
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diamond
    Likes (Received)

i do not know the name of it, but I tagged members that will know. if the mucus is green or yellow, it is an infection and she'll need that ointment
    ok yea it'll sometimes vary from green and yellow. i have sinus issues, so i know green muscus is bad. i'm glad i asked and found this place. so she's had an infection for almost 7 months
    You can follow me on

12. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Welcome Cody & Diamond, thank you for giving her a home and trying to help her.
    Like Christine, I'm concerned about her eye, she may or may not have cherry eye
    but it does also look irritated or infected. Is your Vet bully experienced, it makes a
    difference because they have specific issues and react differently to meds, etc than
    other breeds. Under Forums, there are many articles that will help you immensely to
    to help Diamond. Do not use regular eye drops (not good for humans or animals) but
    use Refresh Liquigel (in a aqua bottle by Allergan) at Walmart. It moisturizes without
    harmful chemicals that dry out the eye (most regular eye drops). It's a bit expensive
    but very effective & lasts a long time, doesn't take much. Of course, infection care is
    most important, has your Vet expressed concern?

Do you know how old she is? Her skin, ears & eyes will all get much better on a
    grain free food which TOTW is, great choice! Feed her 1 & 1/2 cup Am & PM, not
    regular cups, get a plastic measuring cup at Walmart, use that to measure kibble.
    Might not look like much as it is denser in calories not the empty calories in former
    foods. Your Mom & Sister must understand that giving her extra food (treats) is NOT
    good for her health. Healthy treats would be green beans, a boiled egg, a couple of
    sardines (water packed not oil), couple of avocado slices, peeled & no seed! No chips,
    fries, candy, popcorn, etc...just NO! Avoid cereals or anything that's grains, no cookies,
    cakes, donuts, crackers...maybe a SMALL bite very occasionally LATER after all her
    issues have gotten healed. If she seems hungry on 1 & 1/2 cups of TOTW, add a 1/2 cup
    of drained green beans each meal, filling without calories.

Watch the coconut oil, too much will cause diarrhea. I'd wait to give her this or anything
    but her kibble right now, too much new too soon will upset her tummy. You can rub it
    onto her skin issues, a little goes a long way, very good for that. I'd wait to add Apple
    Cider Vinegar too. A great shampoo, believe it or not, is Dawn Dishwashing Liquid, the
    blue (original formula), it's gentle on skin & kills fleas.

Good luck and keep us updated, Cody

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

14. Likes 2BullyMama, mybrindlegirl liked this post
    Real Name
    Cody
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diamond
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Carol View Post
    Welcome Cody & Diamond, thank you for giving her a home and trying to help her.
    Like Christine, I'm concerned about her eye, she may or may not have cherry eye
    but it does also look irritated or infected. Is your Vet bully experienced, it makes a
    difference because they have specific issues and react differently to meds, etc than
    other breeds. Under Forums, there are many articles that will help you immensely to
    to help Diamond. Do not use regular eye drops (not good for humans or animals) but
    use Refresh Liquigel (in a aqua bottle by Allergan) at Walmart. It moisturizes without
    harmful chemicals that dry out the eye (most regular eye drops). It's a bit expensive
    but very effective & lasts a long time, doesn't take much. Of course, infection care is
    most important, has your Vet expressed concern?

Do you know how old she is? Her skin, ears & eyes will all get much better on a
    grain free food which TOTW is, great choice! Feed her 1 & 1/2 cup Am & PM, not
    regular cups, get a plastic measuring cup at Walmart, use that to measure kibble.
    Might not look like much as it is denser in calories not the empty calories in former
    foods. Your Mom & Sister must understand that giving her extra food (treats) is NOT
    good for her health. Healthy treats would be green beans, a boiled egg, a couple of
    sardines (water packed not oil), couple of avocado slices, peeled & no seed! No chips,
    fries, candy, popcorn, etc...just NO! Avoid cereals or anything that's grains, no cookies,
    cakes, donuts, crackers...maybe a SMALL bite very occasionally LATER after all her
    issues have gotten healed. If she seems hungry on 1 & 1/2 cups of TOTW, add a 1/2 cup
    of drained green beans each meal, filling without calories.

Watch the coconut oil, too much will cause diarrhea. I'd wait to give her this or anything
    but her kibble right now, too much new too soon will upset her tummy. You can rub it
    onto her skin issues, a little goes a long way, very good for that. I'd wait to add Apple
    Cider Vinegar too. A great shampoo, believe it or not, is Dawn Dishwashing Liquid, the
    blue (original formula), it's gentle on skin & kills fleas.

Good luck and keep us updated, Cody
    I don't think the vet is, when i was around for the first time he seemed to treat her like her like any other breed. 2-3 years old. i'm using cyclosponine it has the same viscosity as olive oil for her eyes. i feed her using measuring cups. i've had my run ins with dawn and it works good. i might have a good paying job lined up so someone is going to be spoiled

sent from my brick using clay
    You can follow me on

16. Likes 2BullyMama, Texas Carol, 1Chumly liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

@codered If you can not afford to go to the vet-the name of the ointment he would sell you is panalog. Many times over the years, I have gone to the pharmacist and asked for something,describing the condition(saying it is for my dog) and he would tell me what I could use-an over the counter. Make sure you say it is for eyes.
    You could use a boric acid(for eyes) to wash them, and neosporin specifically for eyes.
    If this condition has gone on for a long time,she may need special treatment .
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

18. Likes 2BullyMama, Texas Carol, codered liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member 1Chumly's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pam
    Country
    From England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Monty
    Likes (Received)

I just had to take Monty to the vet for goopy eyes (he had ulcers) and he is on 'Neomycin and Polymyxin B Sulfates and Bacitracin Zinc'. You can buy it online but need a prescription. It is much cheaper that way. I have to take him back tomorrow. His eyes are better but still not completely clear. They also recommended him to use Optimmune Ointment every day from now on for dry eyes, a common problem. I shall be buying that online as it is much cheaper.

We also use frozen green beans as an addition to his food as he packs on the pounds quickly! He loves them. As said above, it is very important to keep to grain free dog food and NO table scraps. Just ask your family if they want to pay the vet bills!!!! Good luck.
    Chumly 2002-2014 A gentle soul and the love of my life.

20. Likes TyTysmom, codered, Texas Carol liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads