Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: WOW.... I was shocked~!!!

Good thing that you got it away from him before he gobbled it up. They do tend to get a bit cranky when getting older, like men do...

2. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

That fella' found an irresistible treasure, and he was not about to give it up to mom. Something like that,that he's never had before can bring out the wild instinct. Glad all worked out well. I know it sure does hurt your feelings. That little Chihuahua has a chance of choking also. I never gave any of my dogs that crap.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

4. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
    I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

Vegas remained in his unlocked crate for about an hour after the incident, I don't know if he felt bad how he acted, or mad because I took that nastiness away!! After that he was back to the same ol Vegas and has been perfect every since. I have LECTURED my sister on rawhides, and she feeds Robin wet Ceaser's dog food. But I guess in my sister's defense Robin is almost 13 years old and has ate that crap and had those crap treats her whole life. She promised to be more careful about keeping her bedroom door closed and knows how seriously mad I was that he got one and it could have killed him. I bought him blueberries, strawberries and fat free greek yogurt for his snacks this week.

6. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
    Real Name
    Ginger
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tucker & Sophie
    Likes (Received)

I know how you feel about him growling at you. Tucker bit me last week, in a frenzy with Sophie over the blender. I immediately confronted him and scolded him, but my feelings were hurt that he would even do that. I don't think he did it out of meanness and I'm sure Vegas didn't either. I'm glad you saved him from the rawhide.

Mom of Tucker AND Sophie

8. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by KMARINO View Post
    I want to really believe he felt bad after.... He remained in his crate for almost an hour with out coming out, he was mad at me for taking it from him. I choose to believe he felt bad for almost biting me.... Lol.
    He knew he did wrong and stayed away from you. Im sure he got the message as you didn't give up and went down his throat showing him he's not going to win. Good job! He might not understand you just saved him seeing a vet. Lollll

I never understood why on earth rawhides are still on the market. Tons of vets do surgery on removing rawhides from the dog's stomach as rawhides dont digest properly. They stay as a ball form in the dog's stomach. It's not rocket science.

10. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training g8erjackie's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jackie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruckus and Regina
    Likes (Received)

Yikes! I've had to dig pieces of toy out of Ruckus's mouth and those jaws are impenetrable when they want to keep something away from you. Maybe Vegas was just a little annoyed that you came in his crate so he was giving you some "back off mom, my space, oh and why does the yippy dog get these glorious treats and not me huh?" attitude. It sounds like he regretted it.

12. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads