Random Aggression... Holding A "Grudge"

Coach

Dec 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel
Herschel has random acts of aggression. I say random as in we're talking rarely aggressive, but he seems to remember triggers and elements that he may have become territorial over, even after the trigger is removed. One example would be a case of water bottles left on the floor. He was in rare form over these bottles while they were down there. If there was movement toward them he was on guard and he remained that way over the area for a couple days after they were removed. My wife has water delivered and yesterday while she was bringing a case in from outside he bit her arm requiring 5 stitches. She thinks he was trying to get at our pit, whom he hates for whatever reason, but I just don't think she believes he would bite her as I'm normally the one he's aggressive with. Anyone else have a similar experience?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
How old is Herschel? Any other change in behavior?

OP
Coach

Coach

Dec 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel
How old is Herschel? Any other change in behavior?

He is 3, and I wouldn't necessarily say it's a change in behavior as he has always been moody.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Have you had him checked out by his vet? Mood changes & random aggression sometimes is related to them being in some kind of pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Have you had him checked out by his vet? Mood changes & random aggression sometimes is related to them being in some kind of pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agreed.... I would have a full vet check done to rule out any health issues ad also reinforce training/alpha in the home with 'nothing in life is free'

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online