Is it wrong to be excited by this morning's seizure?

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Vegas was woken up early by the stupid dog next door. I mean really! Your dog has been barking for over 30 minutes and you are going to ignore him at 6:30 in the morning? :guns::guns::guns::guns::guns::guns::guns:

That is my biggest pet peeve! I was standing at my back slider for the majority of time wondering if I should walk the next street over and pound on their door to let them know their dog was barking. You know, point out the obvious?!?

So, Vegas gets up and comes downstairs and goes right into his kennel. I don't blame him. I hate the dog-barking alarm clock also. I'm feeding my morning EBN addiction when Vegas walks out of his kennel and into the kitchen. I hear his claws on the floor sounding offbeat. I look up just in time to see him run face first into the cupboard. He falls over and tries to get back up. By this time I've already jumped up and grabbed my camera.

Why am I excited? No foaming. No face moving. I guess this would be classified as a petit mal seizure vs a grand mal. The only thing that seemed to be affected was his feet. He recovered quickly and has not shown any post-ictal signs. None.

He is now eating his breakfast and pushing Orion around. Tormenting her by threatening to take her stinky bear.

I've copy and pasted this post into my blog for future reference.

L

Lucy-licious

fingers crossed this a sign that Vegas' current med regime is working
I would be happy that it was a small episode short lived and quickly recovered too if I were you.
:hug: hugs to you both :hug: and one for Orion too :hug: incase Vegas does get a hold of StinkyBear :)

Bella Cows Mama

Feb 4, 2011
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella Cow
That's sad to watch. I am glad it was just a small one and he is doing fine now. I can't imagine having to see it worse. :*(

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
That's great! it was quick and it's wonderful that he recovered so quickly! i am happy for him, and you! :hug: yay for medicine.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I hope this is a sign of things getting better. This is the only Vegas seizure video I was able to watch. It is so sad to see him go through this. Fingers crossed, prayers being sent.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I am sure you have mixed emotions, but a small one is better than a big one, that is for sure. Thank you so much for educating us about seizures. I think it is important and your videos and insight has been priceless for many more to come.

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Thank you Lisa. [MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION]...I often forget how some people may not be able to view my videos. It scares me, not knowing if this seizure will be his last. Or if it will cause a stroke..or what else may be happening in that cute little body of his. But, I'm sure of this. The seizure itself does not hurt..and he doesn't remember them for the most part. What does probably hurt is when he falls off the bed, off the couch, or walks into the glass door or cupboards. But he's never mad at me for not protecting him when he can't fend for himself. Hopefully one day you will be able to watch the other videos and know that he recovered just fine and is still a little pickle. Muah to you all!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Let's really hope that this is a sign that the seizures are getting more under control with these new meds!! :up:

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
Wow...I'm new...but did watch the video clip of the seizure. I commend you for being able to grab it on video and sharing...Is your vet aware of the petit mal? I know my neighbor's dog had seizures...but the meds kept ALL seizures at bay with tweaking...You may still want to contact the vet and discuss tweaking then maybe?

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
I am glad things seem to be getting better! You are such a great bullymama! Vegas is very lucky to have you!

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
That was very hard to watch. Made me cry..poor Vegas and you for having to watch him.I hope the meds keep him having small ones or taking them away completely in time. It's so hard to watch them and not be able to help make it right.

Momma2Bullet

Jan 15, 2011
NE Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullet {booboo}
crazy stuff. i commend you greatly for caring for Vegas. i know i would do it if need be but man, i know i would be crying each time. :*(

i am glad that this seems to be getting better with his meds....that is great news! thank you for educating us, it is truly appreciated.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Let's hope this is a good sign. Orion seemed to know to give Vegas (and you) some extra space... good girl! :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.