Nate Altman

Jan 16, 2016
Long Beach, CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Obi Juan Kenobi
Hello everyone!

Obi is 23 weeks today. I feed him twice a day, a cup of puppy dog. A couple of things:

Should I raise him up from a cup? I just want to make sure he is eating enough. When is a good time to give him more food?

Also, he finishes his food so fast. I feel like as soon as I put his dish down he eats it all out of his stainless steel bowl really really really fast. Does anyone have any opinions on if "slow feed" bowls are okay with bullies? I was considering getting him one, but I want to see if anyone has any reviews of their uses?

Thanks guys!

My Obi is starting to look like a big boy! I love him so much![video]http://sendvid.com/b30dk95k[/video]

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Nate, I would increase his food to 3 cups a day. Most members feed their puppies 1 cup of puppy kibble 3 times a day. Puppies need the extra calories, minerals and vitamins for their growth and development. Once Obi is 7 months to 1 year, you can switch him to an adult formula kibble and reduce his feedings to 1 cup twice a day. I don't have any experience using slow feed bowls, but have seen them, and know people who use them and love them.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I feed Nyala 3 cups a day n she's 5 months old. She free feeds usually leaves 1/2 - 1cup in her bowl. But as of 7pm I remove her dish. She's fed puppy Orijien which is high in calories but has everything a puppy needs. After this bag she's going on adult origen.

For your dog eating fast I use to put a ball in my German Shepherd's bowl. Make sure it's big enough not to swallow

ldenne

Jul 18, 2015
Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiberius
We feed 1.5 cups twice a day at that age and we put a tennis ball in his bowl to slow his eating down - it helps a bit, though there have been times he will talk the ball out [emoji2] and then continue eating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

penguinspam

Feb 13, 2016
Poole, UK
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Betty
Might have to try the ball trick, Betty wolfs down her food her food so fast, it's gone in less than a minute!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Lambeau is 1 year old and gets 1 cup 2x a day

chitownbully

Nov 23, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
KINGSTON / PRINCE
Hi Nate, my pup is 25 wks and is fed puppy kibbles 1 cup a day 3 times a day. Just recently started mixing in a boiled egg yolk twice a week. Which he loves! Last time he was weighed approx 3 wks ago he weighed 45lbs! He's been fed the same since we brought him home at 8 wks. Hope that helps!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.