Do you treat your yard/premisis?

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
We live in AZ so we don't exactly have a flea problem. But we have had a lot of rain this year, and I notice our bug problem is very large this year. Between the flies, and little tiny bugs and such, I think we need to spray the yard with a spray of some sort.

Since we have never done this, I thought I would ask everyone who lives in areas that have loads of fleas and ticks for some advice on what to use. :cool:

Thanks in advance!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
We dont get fleas here thankfully, not sure why but dont argue with it. lol. I do hate bugs tho and we have a LOT and have used a powder called seven-5 dust. You can get it at homedepot and you sprinkle it on your grass and planters and all that good stuff and it kills everything that touches it. Only hard thing with using it is you cant water for like 5 days or maybe 3 cuz it will wash it away and with us we water too often. It is safe for dogs tho also and some people use it in their homes even for fleas, safe for carpet too.

NASTYNATI

May 26, 2010
Tallahassee, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Wimbley
Hello I am new here but upon reading your post i thought i would provide my input. I live in Florida which is basically home to every species of bug/pest known to man. Mainly Ticks, Fleas, Spiders, Love Bugs (we can thank the genius minds at the University of Florida for creating these worthless little gems), Fire Ants, Earwigs.. the list goes on. Any-who I treat my yard with Spectracide once every 1-2 months depending on the rain. I usually spray the yard around 6pm and will not let my bully in the yard until 6pm the next day a full 24 hours. I purchase the two pack from walmart for around $10 which includes the yard spray and an inside the home treatment. I highly recommend this product it has worked extremely well for me and kills basically anything while keeping unwanted critters away. Hopefully this will be of some help to you!

Attachments

• cuddles.jpg
    cuddles.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 101
  • 11709597_10206535954984936_4200299110085031581_n.jpg
    11709597_10206535954984936_4200299110085031581_n.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 39
  • rosie posie.jpg
    rosie posie.jpg
    297.1 KB · Views: 109
  • sleeping buddies.jpg
    sleeping buddies.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 145
OP
Bulldogg

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
Thank you both for the advice! I don't have to worry about rain, (well, monsoon season is in July) but for now it is going to be a LOT of sun for the next month... we live in AZ.

Attachments

• Vito and Chopper.jpg
    Vito and Chopper.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 144
  • halloween.JPG
    halloween.JPG
    587.3 KB · Views: 103
  • mad.JPG
    mad.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 105

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Thought I would bring this back to discussion to see if anyone else has ideas. Plan on treating again next week.

roanne9145

Apr 11, 2010
Palmyra New York
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Apple, Grudge, Chisel and Rukus
I thought on Seven-5 dust it says no safe for animals. I have it here and was going to use it but changed my mind when reading it.....

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
what did you use last time??? i used to live out in the country in central tx and we always used sevendust, we had dogs cats horses cows and it never seemed to hurt them!!! i asked my old roommate what he uses for his, he used it when i lived there w bo so when he gets back to me ill post it

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
he uses bayer multi bug has a long list of bugs on it and it comes in a red bag... he had some really trashy dirty neighbors next to him that their yard was covered in fleas and whatever else. and this always seemed to work keep bugs out of house and yard

Most Reactions

Members online