I have a Vet question.

hoodoodj

Jan 11, 2016
Lakeland, FL
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
HooDoo & Rocky
I have been taken my 10 year old Bulldog to my current vet since he was 5. Since the first Vet was not helping with issues he was having . The Vet is great and people are great there as well. The only place I board him when I go away.

After researching and getting up to date since I have pup coming next month. There was recommendations for Vets. I saw many times there is a Vet not too far my house that highly recommended for English Bulldogs and come to find out the same Vet that my breeders uses as well.

Kind of torn. Like the idea of the Vet that specializes in English Bulldogs. But on the other hand the Vet I have has been good.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I have been taken my 10 year old Bulldog to my current vet since he was 5. Since the first Vet was not helping with issues he was having . The Vet is great and people are great there as well. The only place I board him when I go away.

After researching and getting up to date since I have pup coming next month. There was recommendations for Vets. I saw many times there is a Vet not too far my house that highly recommended for English Bulldogs and come to find out the same Vet that my breeders uses as well.

Kind of torn. Like the idea of the Vet that specializes in English Bulldogs. But on the other hand the Vet I have has been good.

I left my vet of several years when Tyson started having issues - While she was great, I felt like she was quick, and didn't have the extent of knowledge I would have liked her to have regarding the breed. I found that out while asking her about neuter options & allergies.

So I started seeing a "bulldog" knowledgeable vet - let me tell you, it was night & day. We adore our new vet, and it feels amazing going in, and they know exactly what is going on, and how to handle/treat the issue. Plus always seeing at least 2-3 bulldogs in the waiting room is a great feeling too, brownie points as I get to love on them, LOL

jdeveaux

Bully Buttler
Jan 12, 2016
Sugar Land, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jupiter
If you have a good relationship with your Vet then there is no reason to not continue using them but talk with them about the other Vet and it may be that they will not have an issue with referring when it is a special issue or if there is a question regarding treatment. Certainly keep the other number handy for second opinions. If you decide to change you may want to just move both over to avoid the hassle of two separate vets.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
If you are happy with your current vet I would wait to see what happens. You culd always switch later if any issues come up that you feel need further investigation.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Members above have got you covered with great advice. I agree if you are happy with your current vet, and you don't have any issues or concerns, then I would stay with the vet you have.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.