Gordon looks a little different than most bulldogs!

GordonsMama

Dec 13, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Gordon
Hi all! I was just going to post a picture of Gordon to get feedback on if any of you have seen a bulldog who looks like him. He has the less common black and white colouring paired with a longer snout - and it just makes him look less like your typical bulldog! We are assured he is full bred from our breeder, who seemed reputable and knowledgeable / passionate about the breed. Anyway just thought I'd see if he has any lookalikes! He's very handsome, regardless! PS. he'll be 5 months old in a few days.

Attachments

• IMG_1143.jpg
    IMG_1143.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 239

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
I think he looks way more bully to me than his ikea counterpart :) Gordon is a cutie!

WifeofPA

May 26, 2014
Spokane WA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Shelby, Victorian Bully and Conan, EB
He is super cute. I had alwayss heard that black was an acceptable bulldog color but only when it's a tri coat. That black isn't a recognized color for akc standard. I could be totally wrong it's just something that has alway stuck with me in my useless factoid brain. ><. At any rate he is perfect!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Bullies come in all shapes and sizes. I am not a professional by any means, but to me he looks like an OEB as some of his facial features resemble a pit bull.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He is too cute!

I agree, he looks OEB...

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Agree with others...he looks like an Olde English Bully. He's cute. I like his Black and White markings. Get ready for a big boy as some OEBs eclipse 100lbs and can be more active than the "English" Bulldog.

rayneman

Feb 23, 2015
Rocky River, Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
I guess one doesn't see too many with that much black. Our Lucy is white/black/brown...definitely not your typical colors, but unique is good!

Lucy is just a little over a year old now, she's 60 lbs and is a little taller and thinner/more muscular than most EB's I see but mom was 1/2 OEB and dad was 100% EB, so she's (I guess) 3/4 EB and 1/4 OEB. I find myself sometimes a little worried that she doesn't look exactly like the usual roly/poly bulldogs, but we love her to death and she's a riot. Still, she's very bull-doggish, just has some slight differences.

I think your dog looks great and is completely fine!

OP
G

GordonsMama

Dec 13, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Gordon
Maybe he is Olde English somewhere down the line...his parents look like English (these are them):

He is already 40 lbs at 5 months so I was wondering if we were fattening him up too much...but maybe he's just a big boy! He doesn't seem fat, just solid! He has a lot of EB qualities (from what I've read here) - he hates walking, I wouldn't call him overly active! He's a puppy so has energy in short bursts but he's pretty content napping on the floor! Anyway, doesn't matter! We love him!

Gordon parents.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We love him!
And, that is all that matters! ;luv;

Dad looks EB, Mom looks like she may have another breed in her, but like you said, you love him and he fits in your family -- :up:

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Maybe he is Olde English somewhere down the line...his parents look like English (these are them):

He is already 40 lbs at 5 months so I was wondering if we were fattening him up too much...but maybe he's just a big boy! He doesn't seem fat, just solid! He has a lot of EB qualities (from what I've read here) - he hates walking, I wouldn't call him overly active! He's a puppy so has energy in short bursts but he's pretty content napping on the floor! Anyway, doesn't matter! We love him!

View attachment 95725

yup. I second. "We love him". Amen. That's all that matters, really.:yes:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.