Holy Mother of Gas!!!

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Sooooo, the babies (yes, they are still my babies - lol) are completely on TOTW - southwest canyon formula. It seems like since they've completely transitioned, their gas is something AWFUL! And it's been daily, throughout the day! Even when they were on Victor and Fromms, their gas wasn't this bad. They seem to really like the food and stools are nice and solid. Just HORRIBLE gas. Is this ok?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
Sooooo, the babies (yes, they are still my babies - lol) are completely on TOTW - southwest canyon formula. It seems like since they've completely transitioned, their gas is something AWFUL! And it's been daily, throughout the day! Even when they were on Victor and Fromms, their gas wasn't this bad. They seem to really like the food and stools are nice and solid. Just HORRIBLE gas. Is this ok?!?

Oh the joys of bully farts..What are the proteins in this food? Ours are on Blue Wilderness Salmon and they do toot alittle but usually only after visiting the grandparents,my dad loves to give them pork rinds the soft ones.I have told him not to til I'm blue in the face.lol

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Do you give a probiotic.... yogurt?

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
If it's extreme then the food is not agreeing with them. If it doesn't settle down in a couple of weeks, it may be time to move on to something else.

OP
Corine Pesantes

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
It's beef, lamb meal, wild boar and ocean fish meal.

They get yogurt in their kibble every morning.

Other than the gas, they seem fine with the food. I still have half a bag, so we will see how they do through the end. I might try the Wild Pine Forest recipe next.

OP
Corine Pesantes

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Oh the joys of bully farts..What are the proteins in this food? Ours are on Blue Wilderness Salmon and they do toot alittle but usually only after visiting the grandparents,my dad loves to give them pork rinds the soft ones.I have told him not to til I'm blue in the face.lol

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Grandparents! Smh!! They do want they want like a BOSS! LMBO!

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
I started Chumley on TOTW and he always had gas. I thought it was a normal bully thing.....I changed foods after a recall and my local store stopped stocking TOTW and it's been much better since.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Some Bully Fluffs are normal, but excessive gas is usually caused by sensitivity or intolerance to food. Many bullies don't tolerate chicken, lamb or grains. It may be the lamb or another ingredient that isn't agreeing with him. When my guys were on Royal Canin with a chicken base, they had lots of gas, but when we switched them to Fromm's, they didn't have any gas.

OP
Corine Pesantes

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
[MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION], it's free of chicken, grains, and even potatoes. It does have lamb meal in it. I'm going to let them finish out the beg and see if it gets better.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Some Bully Fluffs are normal, but excessive gas is usually caused by sensitivity or intolerance to food. Many bullies don't tolerate chicken, lamb or grains. It may be the lamb or another ingredient that isn't agreeing with him. When my guys were on Royal Canin with a chicken base, they had lots of gas, but when we switched them to Fromm's, they didn't have any gas.

Fluffs are a Viking way of saying girl farts...I just want to clear that for the readers.

Bully toots are a hoot!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom

Attachments

• image.jpg