Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I usually just towel chunky off then we go for a long walk when it is warm out. It is cold here and more snow is expected and he stinks and I am wondering how you normally dry your bulldog off? I don't want him getting sick

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
I've always towel dryed, then blow dry on low. Penny LOVES it! I swear it's like a spa day for her. Lockjaw on the other hand JUST tolerates it. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I've always towel dryed, then blow dry on low. Penny LOVES it! I swear it's like a spa day for her. Lockjaw on the other hand JUST tolerates it. Lol

Chunky likes baths but its an all out war to towel dry him. LOL

Its more like him trying to claim the towel and I let him after I am done drying him. He is done with it after a minute or two though

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Chunky likes baths but its an all out war to towel dry him. LOL

Its more like him trying to claim the towel and I let him after I am done drying him. He is done with it after a minute or two though

Lol! Lockjaw would run from me in the bathroom as soon as I brought out the dryer. Lol- I started giving him treats as I dried him. That's probably the only reason he even tolerates it now.

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
We towel dry than blow dry them til there almost completely dry.Wheezie doesn't do well if she's cold after a bath so we take extra time.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Well he handled the blow dryer better than expected and is now mad at me!! LOL

I had always blow dried our other dogs growing up but didn't think chunky would like it too well

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I use a towel first and after that I put bathrobes on them 1794588_10152262878619726_215049745_n.jpg

penguinspam

Feb 13, 2016
Poole, UK
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Betty
Betty doesn't mind baths, but she's afraid of the blow dryer, even on low. We just towel dry her really well after a bath, using two towels and just taking a bit of time, I also use paper towels to dry between her toes on her paws and her face wrinkles. I keep a hand towel for her by the door and we always dry between all her toes after a walk.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Towel dry FTSE he wouldn't stay for the hairdryer as it would scare him

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I have always towel dried our dogs, but I can use the hair dryer on a cool setting. I take my dogs to the groomer because I'm allergic to wet dog hair… Lol

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Summer time I just towel dry, but in the winter, I will towel dry, and then blow dry on low.

chemist

Mar 28, 2014
Midwest USA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Beaker
When its warmer I dry her with her Soggy Doggy towel and then dry with hair dryer. Then a walk in the warm sun. During the colder months, I take her to a place where you can bath her and dry her with a larger blower for $15.

Dukiesmom

Feb 8, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dukie (Duke)
Dukie thinks the hair dryer is a fun game so I towel dry him well then sit in front of the fireplace with him and a fresh dry towel to finish drying him

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I usually just towel chunky off then we go for a long walk when it is warm out. It is cold here and more snow is expected and he stinks and I am wondering how you normally dry your bulldog off? I don't want him getting sick

I always use a towel first to dry them off in the bathtub, then I use a Doggy Microfibre towel that I bought for each of them, that absorbs water. I can't use a blow dryer on them, as they would be scared out of their tree. Lol. especially Dozer, he's afraid of everything. In the summer I will take them outside after their bath, because we get hot weather, but in the winter time, I make sure they go potty before their bath, and then I don't let them out for at least 6 hours, so I know they are completely dry.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.