Quirks

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Who wants to name some odd and interesting things about their bullies? What little quirks do they have?

For example:

Ruthie only has 9 nipples (they don't even match up, it's so cute)
And
Brutus will jump high to get something he wants, like a ball, but refuses to use his back legs to get on the couch or the bed, we have to pick him up.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Lambeau is the true meaning of a bull in a china shop when going down stairs.... he does not walk, he runs full speed to where he sounds like a bull rolling down the steps.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
DSCF5383.JPGI have four of these beds(actually car seats)-exactly alike. Maude likes one particular one. If someone else is in it,she will wine and cry,come to me crying,back up to them,keep backing up,until she is sitting on their head. There could be three other empty ones-not good enough-she wants THAT one!She won't quit until the occupant gives up and she gets THAT bed.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Willow has a fascination with laundry baskets right now… she LOVES underwear Lol BUT she will play in the empty basket for an hour… :p

Walter is still obsessed w/his tire, varsity ball… AND sucking on his bed. He likes to suck on my NICE couch blanket (he's ruined 3 of them) instead of the ones that I got him of course.

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
When he wants us to scratch his bottom he turns around and stomps on us. When we stop, he looks back at us and stomps until we start again. If we're laying on the floor, he will even stomp on our face or arms, whatever gets our attention.

After he eats, he would lick my legs or feet for hours...if I let him.

We know he is ready to sleep for the night when he lays down and lets out a snoring sigh. Until we hear that sound, we know he's not in a sleeping position.

At 9:30 exactly, he wakes up, gets out of bed, comes to my side of the bed and cries/whimpers in my face until I wake up. Breakfast time.

Throw a blanket on him and he's ready for a nap...no matter what time of day.

The sound of his own gas startles him:yes:

Just to name a few
20160118_220935.jpg

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Similarly to Lamby, Bella doesn't run up the stairs, she runs into each step, tripping up the stairs. It's so bizarre. She does this at full speed... Thankfully, she's a little more graceful while going down.

Also, she loves her paws rubbed. Her majesty will hold out her paw, so that you can caress it for her. :rolleyes:

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
When i am sitting on the couch chunky will come over to get scratched but slowly walks away until you get to his rear end and keeps walking. Then he repeats this over and over instead of standing still and letting whoever continue to scratch him there

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
After Tate goes poop, he will excitedly run to me and point his butt in my face. Time for a booty-wipe! He loves it.

Finn, after he pees, will back kick the dirt very hard and dirt and leaves are literally flying all over the sidewalk, making a huge mess.

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Lambeau is the true meaning of a bull in a china shop when going down stairs.... he does not walk, he runs full speed to where he sounds like a bull rolling down the steps.

same here. frank has no regard for his body! I always wonder how he hasn't hurt himself with the way he just crashes down the steps or throws himself into the baseboard when trying to jump onto the bed.

penguinspam

Feb 13, 2016
Poole, UK
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Betty
While Betty can't beat having both sets of bits :D, but she does bark at animals on TV. Luckily, it's not like a her full blown bark, it's more of like a whisper bark. We thought it was only cats and dogs at first, but no, lobsters and chameleons also offend her (we watch a lot of David Attenborough documentaries, haha!).

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online