Vabulldog

Nov 11, 2015
Richmond, Va.
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus
Hello everyone,
Sometimes when the wife and I are watching tv I noticed that our 5 month old puppy Bruce moves around a bunch. He goes in his crate, on the couch with us, here and there never staying in one spot for more than 5 minutes. It's similar to how a baby fights sleep...they're obviously tired, but can't seem to get comfortable. I think the main issue is he gets hot. His favorite place to sleep is on my wife's treadmill lol. It's raised and made of a cool surface.

I'm thinking about getting him a raised bed or a bed that you can fill with water so it's cool.

I was wondering what best have worked best for your bulldogs?

Jim
20160205_021445070_iOS.jpg

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
You are lucky. Mine can't have a bed because he pees on it and then chews it up. He only gets blankets. I have no issues with peeing elsewhere in the house. Fezzik refuses to sleep around me unless he is really tired. He also moves around a lot because he wants attention and wants to play. He has only slept in the car next to us.

They do have raised beds and cooling mats, but I can't recommend anything.

Also, I see you live in New Hampshire. I live near Worcester, MA and would love to have play dates if you are anywhere close enough to meet halfway.

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
That's too cute!!! Lockjaw does the same thing. Between the tile Infront of the fireplace, to the couch with is, to his favorite corner. I just think he can't stay still. Lol - he's a pretty active bulldog. Penny on the other hand will lay in one spot forever.

If you think he's getting hot- maybe a raised cot? I would think anything with water would be a recipe for an eventual wet mess. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
LOL... sleeping on the treadmill -- love it!

May be look at the cool-a-roo or kundra beds... they are raised and cooling

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
FTSE has a colla roo type bed but generally only sleeps on it if he having a big sleep or at night but apart from that he too moves from the lounge, coffee table, mat to the tiles and then if we get up from watching TV to get something he will be in the exact spot we were sitting in when we come back never fails.

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
First I bought Fatboys, but the cover is not really good. When Voitto chewed the zippers of he magically missed those milloins of little styrofoam balls inside and I made new cover from old jeans. They're very durable and washalble and look very comfortable too.1618614_10153905971544726_6535711490589358456_n.jpg

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Big as they will grow into it , Washable waterproof zippered outer cover, We use memory foam as we have 4 dogs and they all use it so it goes back to original after the 110lb Odin leaves and the 40 bully Rosie moves in .

015.JPG Oh and it must have a smooth bottom for us as Odin loves to play Tug Rope with Rosie and drag her and the bed all over the main floor ha ha ha

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
First I bought Fatboys, but the cover is not really good. When Voitto chewed the zippers of he magically missed those milloins of little styrofoam balls inside and I made new cover from old jeans. They're very durable and washalble and look very comfortable too.View attachment 95534

Awww sooo cute!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.