MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Good Morning All!! :D

Calling all cold weather Bully Families, Here in Eastern PA this weekend its going to be COLD :freeze:

What is everyone's favorite way to get their Lovies some exercise, as we have been taking Ellie for walks??, but is she is only 14 Weeks, and it will be WAY to cold (they are talking -20's with the windchill) for her to go for a walk and burn her puppy energy

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
I let him run around with his jolly ball indoors and outdoors. It is loud but gets a lot of energy out (another option is a milk jug or the like). I also play in the snow with the Jolly Ball. I bundle mine up in his coat and we play in the front lawn with the ball until I think it is best to go inside before we get to cold.

You could also try training exercises. We used to play hide and seek with mine. One of us would stay with the dog and the other would go into another room and call for him. He would go running for that person.

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Bella likes to play her favorite indoor game: Drive Mama Crazy!

:lmaogirl:

It involves not listening, giving the stink-eye, and lots of tossing her body into things.

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
We do a lot of fetch. Lockjaw LOVES it! He'll bring me his toy, this is different from giving it to me, bc he wants me to tug it from him. After I have it, he anticipates the throw and off he goes. After a good 10- 15 minutes of running back and forth then plops on the floor with his ball in his mouth. Mission accomplished. Penny prefers the laser light chase. We do that too. Lol
99ba0b64d76d3a5106f2feeb1371eb97.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Bella likes to play her favorite indoor game: Drive Mama Crazy!

:lmaogirl:

It involves not listening, giving the stink-eye, and lots of tossing her body into things.

I know that game.... Banks is body hopping: :laugh: :rofl:

lambeau LOVES to play fetch with an orange tennis ball..... Cheli pretty much chases Lambeau and chews on his ankles :giggle:

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
FTSE used to play with his toys on and off running around the house when he was a puppy, but we are pretty lucky for that reason doesn't get very cold here so FTSE can mostly always go outside every day for a play unless it's raining.

Harriett

Jan 22, 2016
Belfast Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Great question. Daisy is driving me bunkers running after everyone biting and chewing and barking even though she is so comical, it's also freezing here and it's actually me that doesn't want to go out so can't wait for some great tips.

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella

lambeau LOVES to play fetch with an orange tennis ball..... Cheli pretty much chases Lambeau and chews on his ankles :giggle:

Oh, she is! I'm certain of it. :yes:

What is it with the color orange and dogs? Is that a thing? Bella favors a couple of her orange toys. She has some that are identical, but she only plays with the Orange ones. Weird.

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella

What is it with the color orange and dogs? Is that a thing? Bella favors a couple of her orange toys. She has some that are identical, but she only plays with the Orange ones. Weird.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I got one of those little lazer lights. I didn't think the dogs would be interested, but they fell for it and chased it all over! [MENTION=15374]Harriett[/MENTION]:rundog: They are cheap, and your baby will get exercise!

Harriett

Jan 22, 2016
Belfast Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
I got one of those little lazer lights. I didn't think the dogs would be interested, but they fell for it and chased it all over! [MENTION=15374]Harriett[/MENTION]:rundog: They are cheap, and your baby will get exercise!

I am sure my kids have them somewhere thanks Lynn x

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Good Morning All!! :D

Calling all cold weather Bully Families, Here in Eastern PA this weekend its going to be COLD :freeze:

What is everyone's favorite way to get their Lovies some exercise, as we have been taking Ellie for walks??, but is she is only 14 Weeks, and it will be WAY to cold (they are talking -20's with the windchill) for her to go for a walk and burn her puppy energy

We are -21 as I write at 6am supposed to get too -31 by sat , even the husky s do not want to stay out long I find this morning due to the wind chill on top of -21, With the Bully no way she says I am going out there coat or no coat , but I make her go out with Me we do not go far get our business done and come back , I always check her paws after a outing in real cold as she is still a pup her paws get cut easily on the ice and frozen snow that she will break threw.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

No idea, but I gotta research it, because we have the exact same brand/size tennis ball in yellow and he looks at me like 'eh, wrong ball woman... and he goes over and gets the orange one and drops it in front of me'

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
No idea, but I gotta research it, because we have the exact same brand/size tennis ball in yellow and he looks at me like 'eh, wrong ball woman... and he goes over and gets the orange one and drops it in front of me'

Oh you KNOW how much Walter LOVES orange… Orange anything!!! Lol

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
We do 20min playtimes in the house… right now we play fetch which is funny because Walter could've cared less before Willow came in the pic, NOW he's all about it!!! We also play tug-of-war, keep away… it's much easier to have playtime w/two. AND mental stimulation is more exhausting than physical, so don't discount a short 10-15min training session. That can really wear them out!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online