I do not like the Vet Chaos seen today.....

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
I had to work this morning so the hubby took Chaos for his vet appointment. We see Dr Hammond, but today got the other Dr. in his office. I love Hammond ,might I add, but I have still been wondering if he is infact a good bully vet. (they see many, but I just don't know) So Randal said this new Dr came in, didn't play with Chaos or talk to him just immediately started jerking him around. Previously when Dr hammond gave him shots he didn't whimper but this dr jabbed him with the shots and Chaos was screaming !! Randal said his face was blood red and he almost lost it on that Dr. When he pulled the needle out Chaos was bleeding a good bit and wouldn't be still so he yelled at the hubby and said "Hold his HEad"... He better be glad I was at work because I would have told him how it is!!! Randal also said he was talking to us like we bought a "problem breed" and it was going to be nothing but a hassle! He also told him to bathe him in Pamolive green dish liquid....why??? Randal was not happy and said he will never see that dr again! He was old, but if he's that old and grumpy, FREAKIN RETIRE!!!!! Just had to vent. We did share the experience with the lovely aides and they were soo worried we aren't coming back.:angry::angry::angry::angry: I know these dogs have issues and are costly but I did my research and I have always loved the breed and I willingly, knowingly purchased him and took on this honor of a responsibility! He is my baby not a hassle or in any way a problem!!!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I hope you discuss this experience with Dr. Hammond and make it clear that you are less than pleased and may not be back. Talk to them in dollars and cents,,, its what they understand. You not coming back is $'s lost

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
I'd be irate too! :angry: Make sure they know how you all feel. I only schedule with Dr. Cheek at our vet's. We've seen them all and she is the only one who you can tell genuinely cares for animals ..the rest just want to hustle you out and get in the next patient.

OP
Luvin My Bullie

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
thats exactly how it was ! Don't worry, he will only be seen by Dr. Hammond. Randal actually called and talked to him today. He was very apologetic and said he will make it up to us. I just like to atleast be made feel that they care about the health of our babies! It was just so frustrating because it was like he was degrading us for buying a bully, all he could say was the negative stuff. Thanks for listening :yes:

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
When you schedule future appointments, make sure you know which Dr your scheduling with... I'm going through the same thing. Our regular vet is OK, but there is one day of the week where a vet from another clinic comes over and works for that day. Well I really like her approach, she seems very knowledgable and takes time to explain everything... and to boot, she specializes in anesthesia, so if surgery is ever needed, I want her doing the procedure. So now when scheduling appointments, I make sure it is on the day she works at our clinic.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
That sounds awful ... even if this vet did think you had bought a troublesome breed, then that is your choice. It does not give him a reason to be rough with your puppy!!! :angry:

Mike Blaylock

Dec 27, 2010
Forest Park, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
SgtMjr. Duketavius (Duke) Bruiser USMC Ret.
Weeeeeeeell, being the vocal Alpha dog that I am.......I'd a said something like......."Hello? The dog is the customer here. You should be happy that some people have the commitment factor to take care of these lovely animals. It's money in your grubby pockets!! Soooooo, dude if you don't like dogs.......find another job!!!!. I'm paying you! You dumb-a**!!!! Don't come over to my house or I might use your *** for a dart board!!! Where did you get your licensce at...... Big Lots?" Then me and Duke would have walked ......that is after Duke took a piss on him. Trust me I'd a done it!

Momma2Bullet

Jan 15, 2011
NE Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullet {booboo}
not cool at all! glad you notified your regular vet. i know when things like this happen it's kind of shocking in the moment but i would definately stop someone in the event this would happen again. just like any profession...the PROFESSIONALS personal opinion is to be kept to themselves unless warranted by the patient. grrrr! :angry:

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
ewwww! that makes me so angry! i'm sure he's nice to people with standard poodles or yorkies or whatnot. i would have cried and screamed and caused a scene! glad you mentioned this to your regular vet and the assistants, tell kirk douglas to go back to hosting the boring oscars instead of being a patronizing jerk to bully owners. i am so lucky with my vets, they both get on the floor and get kissy with butler and baby talk him, he loves it, and so do i!

Last edited:

Wigglesworth

Feb 14, 2011
Putnam County, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Woody
I recommend Palmolive, too......if your bully goes to Valdez.

Seriously, it's a requisite that the vet talks more ridiculous to my dog than I do.

Keep up the good fight.

kiss1069

Dec 30, 2010
Amarillo,Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Coda
ive dealt with many vets from old to young and in between and never have experienced anything like that...youre bully shouldve taken a "Bite" out of vet...at times ive felt bad coz some of these vets have babytalked to my dogs way more than i did and so i had to step it up hehe...glad hes ok and yes let your reg dr know about the experience...maybe that vet doesnt think anything is wrong and needs to have someone tell him what hes doing and maybe just maybe he will change his bedside manner

L

Lucy-licious

Maybe its time he retired! A vet that doesnt like bulldogs!

How are Chaos' ears by the way? Did he take a look?
Give him a big hug and snuggle for me that nasty vet needs a smack on the nose :angry:

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
oh my... whether it be a vet or a pediatrician.. if my kids or dogs were treated like that, I would make it known how unhappy I was. If you at least like one of them, request him all the time..otherwise get his records and take him elsewhere. At my peds office, I will absolutely not see one of the MD's..long story - but I think he would have killed my daughter in the hospital when she was admitted once. When I have to go in for a "sick" visit - I always ask who it is with.

OP
Luvin My Bullie

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
beleive me they definately know how upset we are!! [MENTION=1648]Lucylambchop[/MENTION] I updated the rubbing ears post but yes he does have ear infections in both ears. He gave us some kind of antifungal med to put in his ears twice a day. He said the redness was from his ears but he told us to change him to a lamb and rice food???? I am gonna give it a little more time on the fromm. what if it is the chicken formula and how will I know? Other than that hes a picture of health. went from 8lbs to over 14 in 3 1/2 weeks lol

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online