New Bullpei, is her behaviour normal?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN!!

Hetty is stunning! all you mention seems to be because of two reasons... she needs to settle in and get comfortable and she may not have been socialized as a puppy. Along with that, bulldogs tend to be lazy and skittish around new things.... give her about a month to get comfortable and then she will be owning the house in no time. As for the stairs... try treats, see if that entices her

OP
M

Mike01046

Feb 9, 2016
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Hetty
Update on Hetty - thanks for all the messages and great advice. Hetty is finally coming out of her shell which is great! She still spends plenty of time on the couch but I'm just taking this as normal behaviour now. Stairs are no longer a problem however the kitchen still seems like an area she'll avoid; I've pinned this down to strange kitchen monsters 'washing machine' [emoji23] I'm glad people find her as beautiful as me wasn't sure how cross breeds would be viewed on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I'm glad people find her as beautiful as me wasn't sure how cross breeds would be viewed on here.

We love the all :luv:

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Hetty is such a beautiful girl! I am glad to hear that she is coming out of her shell and getting used to her surroundings. How old is she?

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Update on Hetty - thanks for all the messages and great advice. Hetty is finally coming out of her shell which is great! She still spends plenty of time on the couch but I'm just taking this as normal behaviour now. Stairs are no longer a problem however the kitchen still seems like an area she'll avoid; I've pinned this down to strange kitchen monsters 'washing machine' [emoji23] I'm glad people find her as beautiful as me wasn't sure how cross breeds would be viewed on here.

That is wonderful Mike, its amazing to watch them gain trust & love for you. Keep us posted on her progress, and throw us some pics too from time to time, lol. Hugs to you sweet Hetty girl.

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
the short answer to this is that it can take several months, even a year for a rescue dog to truly settle in. Depending on the situation/trauma they experience before they came to you. thank you so much for taking in a rescue. your biggest asset will be patience! Let her come around on her own time.

edit: oops, i replied before the update! thank you, great to hear!

OP
M

Mike01046

Feb 9, 2016
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Hetty
Thanks everyone, she's just turned 2 in January so hopefully has time to get over her past.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Hetty is a Beauty. Do you know anything about her past? I am sure she will be just fine when she gets use to everything.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.