Antlers: What to get and where to buy?

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
As soon as Fezzik's food is figured out, I would like to buy him some antlers. Does anyone have recommendations on what to get or look for and where I can buy them? They are expensive.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Moose or Elk.....Not deer, at least based on my experience. The deer antler is the softest and I noticed a bad odor after Joey chewed on for a while and got inside wet, so I started getting the elk and moose antlers from Acadia Antlers.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I bought mine at Dr's Foster & Smith. Excellent prices and all from the USA. I got the Whole Elk Antler XLarge, 9N-91329, $15.99. My boys haven't put a mark on it yet. My Doxie loves it but Monty still seems to prefer his Nylabones.
Edit to add, it is too big for my Dachshund but it doesn't stop him! He drags it around.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
my guys love the taster slices from acadia..They were only $7 but now theyve limited it to only one purchase per order. Some of those other ones for large dogs you need to take a mortgage out to pay for!

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Great advise above I also get excellent prices from Amazon.ca or com , to Me they are expensive because I have 4 dogs and ya can not give out just one , but considering how long they last to me it is a good deal , the dogs all different breeds ( 1 a bully ) love them

OP
KimDe

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
I was looking at Acadia Antlers. Does anyone have recommendations on size or type to get? For large dogs, they offer antler batons, large moose antler, large moose baton, moose taster slices, pit bull pacifiers, and powerhouse splits. There are so many choices and some of these are expensive enough that I don't want to choose wrong.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
I was looking at Acadia Antlers. Does anyone have recommendations on size or type to get? For large dogs, they offer antler batons, large moose antler, large moose baton, moose taster slices, pit bull pacifiers, and powerhouse splits. There are so many choices and some of these are expensive enough that I don't want to choose wrong.

Hello, Acadia Antlers is the only place that I get Joey's antlers from, you'll be pleased. Joey is 9 months old and approximately 45#, I ordered her the large moose multi-pack for $60, of the 3 antlers included she loves the crown cut the best BUT to order just that I had to email and they are shipping me (3). I would suggest you get the large moose multi pack to begin with OR simply a moose taster slice to be sure that Fezzik will enjoy the moose. Hope this helps.

OP
KimDe

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
Hello, Acadia Antlers is the only place that I get Joey's antlers from, you'll be pleased. Joey is 9 months old and approximately 45#, I ordered her the large moose multi-pack for $60, of the 3 antlers included she loves the crown cut the best BUT to order just that I had to email and they are shipping me (3). I would suggest you get the large moose multi pack to begin with OR simply a moose taster slice to be sure that Fezzik will enjoy the moose. Hope this helps.

Fezzik is 53lbs and enjoys anything. I haven't found a toy or food that he will not eat/chew. Thanks for the advice.

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Elk or moose. Deer antlers are softer and bullies will shred them. I check coupaw.com and doggyloot.com for deals. Last time I got a 3-pack of Elk antlers on DoggyLoot for $27 and free shipping.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online