Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 13

Thread: applying to bulldog rescues

  1. #1
    Bulldog Walker megdav's Avatar
    Real Name
    Meg
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    282
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)
    252

    Default applying to bulldog rescues

    Hey all! Just wanted to give you a small update. We have applied to 3 bulldog rescues. One in Phoenix, one in Texas and one in Southern California. The one in Texas sent an email saying my application is under review. Haven't heard from the others yet. There are 2 others in Phoenix, but one's website looks like they are gone and the other one says they do not adopt to homes with unfenced pools.

    Even as we are applying, I am still trying to make sure we can afford a bulldog. Pretty important.

  2. #2
    Bulldog Walker megdav's Avatar
    Real Name
    Meg
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    282
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)
    252

    Default Re: applying to bulldog rescues

    Oh, btw, if there are moderators that need to know, it's Sorry that says they are no longer doing adoptions...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by megdav View Post
    Oh, btw, if there are moderators that need to know, it's Sorry that says they are no longer doing adoptions...
    haha "sorry" , that should say Bulldog Rescue of Arizona

  3. #3
    Chunky's Chauffeur Become a 4 Paw Member Chunky White's Avatar
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,786
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)
    2596

    Default Re: applying to bulldog rescues

    Good luck on finding your future bulldog. Getting a rescue should help you to know more about the dogs personality and health

    Owner: Wes
    Bulldog: Chunky White

  4. #4
    Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Texas Carol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    7,203
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)
    2743

    Default Re: applying to bulldog rescues

    Quote Originally Posted by megdav View Post
    Hey all! Just wanted to give you a small update. We have applied to 3 bulldog rescues. One in Phoenix, one in Texas and one in Southern California. The one in Texas sent an email saying my application is under review. Haven't heard from the others yet. There are 2 others in Phoenix, but one's website looks like they are gone and the other one says they do not adopt to homes with unfenced pools. Even as we are applying, I am still trying to make sure we can afford a bulldog. Pretty important.

    Another source to adopt from are reputable Breeder's dogs after
    retiring them.

    My Cami is one

    They are usually well cared for, socialized and being a bit older,
    mannerly and mellow.

    Good luck!


    My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

  5. Likes 2BullyMama, NewEnglandBully liked this post
  6. #5
    Bulldog Walker megdav's Avatar
    Real Name
    Meg
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    282
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)
    252

    Default Re: applying to bulldog rescues

    Quote Originally Posted by Chunky White View Post
    Good luck on finding your future bulldog. Getting a rescue should help you to know more about the dogs personality and health
    thank you wes!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Carol View Post
    Another source to adopt from are reputable Breeder's dogs after
    retiring them.

    My Cami is one

    They are usually well cared for, socialized and being a bit older,
    mannerly and mellow.

    Good luck!
    that's a good idea..How did you find Cami? Did you just get in touch with different breeders?

  7. #6
    Dog Park Attendant
    Real Name
    Madie (Maydee)
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    423
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank
    Likes (Received)
    330

    Default Re: applying to bulldog rescues

    good luck!! it is a process but so worth it! I remember my best friend calling me to tell me she'd said the words 'model dog mother' on the phone several times to someone from a rescue that was calling my references!! haha.


  8. #7
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    rjisaterp's Avatar
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Posts
    5,152
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    3880

    Default Re: applying to bulldog rescues

    Good luck. Thank you for adopting.

  9. #8
    BullyWood Movie Star I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Biogirl71's Avatar
    Real Name
    Erin
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    3,615
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank
    Likes (Received)
    1019

    Default Re: applying to bulldog rescues

    Good luck! I hope you find one to give a loving home after your disappointing first try. That is so wonderful that you are doing so much research ahead of time. Bulldogs are high maintenance but they are so worth the time. And often the maintenance can help avoid a lot of the issues that would require expensive vet visits.
    Happiness is a warm bulldog!

  10. Likes harveyspecter liked this post
  11. #9
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,732
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5592

    Default Re: applying to bulldog rescues

    Well I agree w/the unfenced pool decision… Bully are chest heavy, so that makes them terrible swimmers. That could lead to disaster unless you have them in a lifejacket or take the time to teach them to swim.

    Good luck w/the rescues, I hope that you find your new baby soon…

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  12. Likes harveyspecter liked this post
  13. #10
    Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Ftse 100's Avatar
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Location
    Qld Australia
    Posts
    6,776
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    1968

    Default Re: applying to bulldog rescues

    Good luck with the rescues but I have to say the unfenced pool is a big concern that would really worry me I would definitely have to fence it before getting any type of dog but especially a bulldog

  14. Likes harveyspecter liked this post
  15. #11
    Bulldog Walker megdav's Avatar
    Real Name
    Meg
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    282
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)
    252

    Default Re: applying to bulldog rescues

    Thanks everyone.

    I just got an email from the rescue in Texas and they turned me down. They gave some reasons about why they turn people down, but not a specific reason for me. I wrote back to ask, but the person said they are not on the application committee so they don't know what was discussed. I could push, but I believe it is the pool situation. I am wondering if we should reconsider for now also. I'll wait and see what I hear from the other rescues, but I don't want the baby to drown either! annnd I'm thinking maybe we should save up for a bulldog for a while and be better prepared.

  16. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
  17. #12
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Chumley's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jim B.
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Patchogue, NY
    Posts
    4,762
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chumley and Hershey
    Likes (Received)
    1211

    Default Re: applying to bulldog rescues

    Quote Originally Posted by megdav View Post
    Thanks everyone.

    I just got an email from the rescue in Texas and they turned me down. They gave some reasons about why they turn people down, but not a specific reason for me. I wrote back to ask, but the person said they are not on the application committee so they don't know what was discussed. I could push, but I believe it is the pool situation. I am wondering if we should reconsider for now also. I'll wait and see what I hear from the other rescues, but I don't want the baby to drown either! annnd I'm thinking maybe we should save up for a bulldog for a while and be better prepared.
    it can be a frsustrating process which sometimes leads people to give up and buy a puppy. Please keep trying. You'll find one but definitely address the pool situation. It's a requirement for many rescues. Good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •