Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Bella is a complete love bug. I don't know how she would react if someone truly unwelcome came into the house, and I certainly hope to never find out.

Once, though, I walked her into our townhouse, and my mom and cousin were already inside. Bella and I live alone, so having someone in the house startled her. She was unsettled for a bit. Certainly not aggressive, but unsettled. This is a dog who loses her ***** (with excitement) over people. All people.

So, I think if push came to shove, she'd react if she sensed something is very wrong. I like to think that dogs pick up on the emotions of their owner. We've had countless repairmen, delivery men, friends, etc over. She's always crazy with excitement. I guess walking in the house, and having someone inside was just so odd for her.

Who really knows, though. She might lick to death an intruder. LOL

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
Well, Goob is a good watch dog AND a good guard dog but it comes at a cost. When he hears noises outside he barks and wants to go investigate (which we like). However, EVERYONE that comes into the house is an "intruder" and therefore, not welcome. He will bark/growl, lunge, sometimes try to nip. We have been working with him for years but if he didn't know you during his puppy years, you are not welcome.

My neighbor's husband was crossing the street to come talk to my husband. Hubby went inside for a minute so my neighbor came to talk to me while he waited. Well, I was facing the house in our yard and the neighbor was still in the street, still crossing. Goob started to bark, growl, and lunge at the neighbor (who was on the sidewalk). The neighbor said, "Wow, nobody's getting close to you with THAT guy are they?" In that instance, it was good protection. I just wish Goob would grasp the concept of welcome visitors vs. intruders...He is a work in progress.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.