Nate Altman

Jan 16, 2016
Long Beach, CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Obi Juan Kenobi
Hi guys, my Obi is 21 weeks today. My partner and I took him out to the pet store and got him some toys, one had a couple pieces of plastic on it... after watching him play with it for about 20 minutes I noticed him acting funny and his toy had a couple of blood spots on it. I took away the toy and saw next to him that he lost a small puppy tooth (see attached pic). I am throwing the toy away because I am afraid that I messed up and got him a toy that he should not have gotten. I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice? When do puppies lose their puppy teeth? I just feel guilty when I look at him now, like i hurt him :\

IMG_1917.JPG

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I think i read on here they lose until around 6 months. I found a few laying around and heard one hit the hardwood floor. I can't remember ever having another dog lose teeth but I am sure they did.

Chubby

Feb 20, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubby
[MENTION=15342]Nate Altman[/MENTION]...this happened to Chubby too and I am pretty sure their baby teeth fall out on there own so don't feel bad...don't throw away his toys as long as they are dog toys they should be fine and he is probably teething so chewing on a hard toy probably relieves some of the pain. Chubby's tooth looked just like that...[emoji190] [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

mybrindlegirl

May 30, 2015
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Püppy
Hi Nate, puppy teeth change starts around the 16 th week (with the little front teeth) and goes through till around
6 to 8 month of age. It is totally normal your baby lost his tooth while chewing, don't feel bad about it. Chewing on things helps them to change their teeth.
Personally, I would not give hardest/very hard chew things/toys until a dog is older than a year (the theeth should have time to develop fully). I know most bulldogs are excessive chewers, so it can be difficult to find the right chew things in that particular phase.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I wouldn't throw the toy away, he is just teething and it is normal to loose teeth, and see some blood every once in awhile.

Danny Ella

Feb 7, 2016
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Ella
Try the braided bully sticks they are amazing I promise

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi guys, my Obi is 21 weeks today. My partner and I took him out to the pet store and got him some toys, one had a couple pieces of plastic on it... after watching him play with it for about 20 minutes I noticed him acting funny and his toy had a couple of blood spots on it. I took away the toy and saw next to him that he lost a small puppy tooth (see attached pic). I am throwing the toy away because I am afraid that I messed up and got him a toy that he should not have gotten. I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice? When do puppies lose their puppy teeth? I just feel guilty when I look at him now, like i hurt him :\

View attachment 95434

totally normal.... he will lose his baby teeth up to about 6 mths of age.... cool that you found the teeth. All my guys either swallowed them or the vacuum got to them before I would see them

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
How to Clean your Dog's Teeth Naturally - Healthy Concepts with a Nutrition Bias

Nyala 4.5 months old and is losing ther teeth. Found one today n last week. Right now she has 2 in same socket lol.... baby one will be pushed out eventually soon. Badddd puppy breath for sure. I give her coconut oil n brush her teeth with it. Funny, a dentist ( friend ) once told me if humans would swish coconut oil in their mouths for 5 mins everyday (spit it out after 5 mins) they wouldn't need a dentist!!!

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Plenty of great advice above. Watch out when your playing with Obi Juan because those teeth are sharp as heck.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online