Olde English bulldog

Christian1971

Sep 2, 2014
Minnesota
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Josie, Zoey
I turned down an offer for an English bulldog a few weeks ago. It just didn't feel right.
Now I met an owner who has a 3 year old olde English bulldog female named Zoey.
Well taken care of and trained to go bathroom outside. So much like my Josie, just a bit taller.
She weighs 50 lbs.
I will try to post a picture or two. :pray:

OP
C

Christian1971

Sep 2, 2014
Minnesota
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Josie, Zoey
00c0c_U8Y0ZySjux_50x50c.jpg 00o0o_b2yiCnBNkNS_600x450.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Here is Zoey

Chubby

Feb 20, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubby
[MENTION=12730]Christian1971[/MENTION]...Zoey looks sweet...hope her transition to your home is nice and easy🐶

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
YES, it's all about that 'connection' and gut feeling.
Zoey is beautiful.

Please continue to share this new journey of love
and life with us and welcome to EBN.

OP
C

Christian1971

Sep 2, 2014
Minnesota
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Josie, Zoey
I spoke with lady who is selling Zoey. She couldn't be nicer and more helpful. I am picking up Zoey next Friday. Just wish spring were here. Boy is she going to love the outdoors. She's been cooped up and owners health is rough. I assured her that Zoey will love it here. Spending days by the grill, chasing or in Josie's case watching squirrels. Chasing is too much unrewarding effort. Just enjoying the warm summer breeze. Can you tell I'm ready for winter to be gone? Watching me tend to the vegetable garden. Good times!!!

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Zoey is a great looking dog and lots a lot like a friend of mines Bullmastiff except a lot smaller. I have never interacted with an olde english but the bullmastiff too me acts like an overgrown EB.

OP
C

Christian1971

Sep 2, 2014
Minnesota
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Josie, Zoey
Tomorrow is the big day. We pick Zoey up at 1pm. Do you think I should put Josie in another room for a bit to let Zoey adjust. What about keeping Zoey in her kennel where she feels safe for the time being? Thanks

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Tomorrow is the big day. We pick Zoey up at 1pm. Do you think I should put Josie in another room for a bit to let Zoey adjust. What about keeping Zoey in her kennel where she feels safe for the time being? Thanks

How old are both of them? might be a good idea to try and take them for a walk together first

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Zoey is beautiful. I hope it works out. Slow introduction would be best

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
what a beautiful baby!

Thank you for taking her in!

I would introduce them on neutral ground and give them plenty of time to adjust to one another. Like [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] said, a walk would be great or take them to a park to let them run around together. Give zoey some time to adjust to your rules and household, patience is key. We shoved Ruthie and brutus together that first night we had them just because Ruthie was so laid back with him. if you feel Josie is a bit stressed, keep them apart. I would also keep zoey's kennel open at all times incase she needs a safe, comfortable spot to go.
Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online