Bully First-Aid Kit

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Just finished reading the post about the bee sting and thought of this topic.

So today, I'm going to Costco and get their first-aid kit for everyone in the house, but will also pick up some things that's specifically for Stiggy, such as the benadryl tongue-stick (???) Libra mentioned plus some lemons too.

What other things should the bully-kit have?

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I keep meaning to do this too! You can get ideas from looking at the list of items that are included in the first aid kits that petco, petsmart, dr fosters & smith, etc sells. They all offer a doggy first aid kits and their contents are listed on their website.

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
I keep stypic powder (I'm not sure if I spelled that right) incase I cut their nails too close to the quick. Good idea to have the kit ! We have one since hubby was a first responder.

L

Lucy-licious

Can you get the lemon juice in a sqirty lemons over there? If so this is best for a quick squirt to the back of the throat if they get overheated and their breathing gets laboured, it can save lifes. :)

And did someone mention cider apple vinegar?? For in drinking water to help prevent urine infections.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=1648]Lucylambchop[/MENTION] I use a 50% solution of apple cider vinegar and 50% water as an ear cleaner once a week too!! AND yes we have the Jif lemon and lime bottles shaped like the fruit over here too. :up:

L

Lucy-licious

Just been reading [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] s post about poor Orions poorly eye.
I think adding the Terramycin Opthalmic ointment to the first aid kit list might be a good idea too.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I did a search and found a general first aid kit recommendation and it said that it was good for dogs as well as humans. Maybe we can modify it to make it a BULLY FIRST AID KIT

Gauze sponges -- 50 four-by-four inch sponges, two per envelope
Triple antibiotic ointment
Rubbing alcohol
Ear syringe -- two ounce capacity
Ace self-adhering athletic bandage -- three-inch width
White petroleum jelly (Vaseline or similar)
Eye wash
Sterile, non-adherent pads
Pepto Bismol tablets
Generic Benadryl capsules -- 25mg, for allergies
Hydrocortisone acetate -- one percent cream
Sterile stretch gauze bandage -- three inches by four yards
Buffered aspirin
Dermicil hypoallergenic cloth tape one inch by 10 yards
Hydrogen peroxide
Kaopectate tablets maximum strength
Bandage scissors
Custom splints
Vet Rap bandage
Squirt Lemon Juice

Other suggested items were:
Blanket
Tweezers
Muzzle
Hemostats
Rectal thermometer
Ziplock bags
Paperwork, including the dog's health record, medications, local and national poison control numbers, regular veterinary clinic hours and telephone numbers, and emergency clinic hours and telephone number.

Momma2Bullet

Jan 15, 2011
NE Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullet {booboo}
Bullet has his very own diaper bag. lol i have many things in it and usually take it when we go away from home for more than a quick trip through town. i would love to see a more thurough list then the few basics i have on hand. :up:

that reminds me, i have been meaning to get a business card of the closest emergency vet and put in there too. i have my vet's in the bag and numbers are in my phone.

Mike Blaylock

Dec 27, 2010
Forest Park, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
SgtMjr. Duketavius (Duke) Bruiser USMC Ret.
Weeeeeeeeeeeell, the one thing I keep a steady supply of is.......Flushable baby wipes. I use them on the Dukeyboy to clean ears, wrinkles, and of course Duke's poop shoot.:D

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online