Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Well it seems Dozer has swallowed another sock, I just took him out for his last potty before going to bed, and he peed and then circled around looking for a place to poop, he was really straining to go, and then he passed a really long poop. I knew he had swallowed something, because it came out in one long piece and didn't break off. I couldn't see what it was in the dark, so I picked it up with the poop bag, and brought it inside with me. I took a second poop bag and put it on my hand and checked his poop and there it was my missing sock that I lost months ago. I have the odd one on top of the dryer and haven't been able to find the other one anywhere. That sock had been in his tummy for many months, because it had dried kibble piled on it that had kind of turned to dust in the sock. He never once showed any signs of being sick or of an upset tummy, he has eaten, drank, p,aged and acted normal this whole time. It's been over two years since he ate his last sock, and this was sock number 5. Thank goodness he was able to pass it again. I should change his name to Socks.​

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
WOW God Bless it came out on its own, that blows Me away it could be in there that long , Rosie has a foot fetish but so far no socks , that is just plain amazing !

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Goodness… Willow seems to have a fondness for socks and underwear, but she just runs them to Wally's bed and leaves them there. I'm so sorry...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Holy sock thief.... he may need to go to socks anonymous :giggle:

So happy he is OK and it passed on its own. :whew:

you have had a H E L L of a week monica

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Oh geez! Socks are seriously my trigger. Since Tyson has had his share of that, but required surgery. Thank God he was able to pass it! Tyson also had the socks (all 3 at once!!!!) in him for almost 2 months before he started to show signs. I swear I'm the sock Nazi at home now. If a sock even comes close to the floor, I'm diving for it. Hugs, and I bet he will be so much better now.

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Oh geez! Socks are seriously my trigger. Since Tyson has had his share of that, but required surgery. Thank God he was able to pass it! Tyson also had the socks (all 3 at once!!!!) in him for almost 2 months before he started to show signs. I swear I'm the sock Nazi at home now. If a sock even comes close to the floor, I'm diving for it. Hugs, and I bet he will be so much better now.

This is the 5th sock he's swallowed in the 4 years I've had him, but it's been two years since he swallowed one.
I didn't even know he had swallowed, it, I just know that I lost that sock months ago. I don't usually wear socks, unless it's absolutely necessary. I hate them. I wear flip flops, or sandals all summer, and I live in my Birkenstocks so don't wear socks, but when the winter comes, I have to wear them in my running shoes or boots. He has always been able to poop them out or throw the up, but he doesn't show any signs of being sick, he acts normal, eats and drinks normal, and then one day, he will just pass a sock. It's so weird how they can walk around for months with a sock in their stomach.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
This is the 5th sock he's swallowed in the 4 years I've had him, but it's been two years since he swallowed one.
I didn't even know he had swallowed, it, I just know that I lost that sock months ago. I don't usually wear socks, unless it's absolutely necessary. I hate them. I wear flip flops, or sandals all summer, and I live in my Birkenstocks so don't wear socks, but when the winter comes, I have to wear them in my running shoes or boots. He has always been able to poop them out or throw the up, but he doesn't show any signs of being sick, he acts normal, eats and drinks normal, and then one day, he will just pass a sock. It's so weird how they can walk around for months with a sock in their stomach.

Thank goodness you have been so lucky!!! Tyson was able to throw up 2, but we had to have the 3rd one removed through surgery. It was adhered to his stomach :(

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] I am so thankful that Dozer passed that sock,just as I am that Maude passed the glove. You have been very lucky that Dozer has passed things. The glove I found looked brand new-just wet!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Jessica is the SOCK NAZI [MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION] :lmaogirl::ROFL:

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Dozer, buddy, how do even swallow an entire sock? Bulldogs. Glad he passed it and that he never got sick!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Jessica is the SOCK NAZI @TyTysmom :lmaogirl::ROFL:

I flip **** if I can't find one when I'm doing laundry and pairing them up. Poor Danny.

- - - Updated - - -

Dozer, buddy, how do even swallow an entire sock? Bulldogs. Glad he passed it and that he never got sick!

Tyson swallowed 3! At one time apparently (we didn't witness it happen)... they were my husbands no show socks.

mybrindlegirl

May 30, 2015
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Püppy
:eek:Omg! Thank goodness Dozer was able to pass the sock! And thank goodness he did not have any problems while this sock wandered through his body...:whew::whew::whew:
I know a young Labrador who needed surgery because he swallowed a sock.

Dozer and Maude both must have great guardian angels :angelheart::angelheart:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.