Favorite Puppy Chew Toys

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Ellie has been chewing on Nyla Puppy Chew toys, but I have been noticing little pieces coming off the toys, so I have been taking them away, or only letting her have them under my supervision.

She is in her crate for quite some time, and she enjoys chewing toys while she is there.

What toys do you give your babies, that would be more durable for a teething puppy??

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Nylabones, Kongs toys and moose antlers are what we give Harlea. The only thing that lasts any amount of time are her moose antlers. Everything else is destroyed in a matter of days/weeks.

Harriett

Jan 22, 2016
Belfast Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
I have heard the antlers are great, we don't have anything as exciting as moose here in Ireland so we have to do with regular deer antlers lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I used the Nyabone keys and would place them in the freeze for awhile and give them to Lambeau... it really helped with his teething. I also give antlers and marrow bones (raw)... once the marrow bone is done, I rinse it and stuff with peanut butter or cream cheese and freeze for a treat later on

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
The Kong puppy toys lasted awhile for mine I finally threw them all away recently. The Planet Dog green fetch ball is still going (minus the rope and the Fetch word that I had to rip out). The Hartz Dura play balls and bones have lasted awhile for me but he sucked on those rather than chewed.

I used a lot of water bottles and milk cartons. I got supply dumps from people at work.

As a caveat, I think that he chews hard core only when I'm around. He wants to enjoy it with me and doesn't enjoy it as much when I'm not there.

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Nylabones and antlers for Rosie, we do have some kong toys but she is not fussy on them any toy should not have a rattle or noise maker in it , if they get it out they will swallow it take it from me you do not want to go there .
One toy she loves is a pull rope she really does not chew on it but loves to play with it , i found one of her baby teeth embedded in it once and she was ready tho to drop her teeth and new ones growing in .

Most Reactions