MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Hi All!!

Ellie will be starting Doggie Daycare next week, was wondering who else takes their babies Daycare, and what your experience has been??

The place I have found seems AMAZING, and I can't wait for her to start, as I HATE that she is in her crate for MOST of the day with just one little afternoon break.

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Hi Melissa!

I've been taking Izzy to doggy day care since she was 12 weeks old! If I could afford I would take it every day but it gets pricey so I do 1-2x per week. I just upgraded her daycare to one that has an outdoor pool and pup cams so I can watch her! That costs me $10 more per day! :w00t:

She loves it.... and I love when I pick her up and see her happy face! The other day she reach for me in the car, gave me a big kiss in the cheek as a thank you! That was so sweet :havemyheart: so I only had positive experience in day cares here in Houston!

Harriett

Jan 22, 2016
Belfast Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Doggie day care isn't a big thing here in Ireland just wondering how expensive it is for you guys that use it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I worked at a dog daycare for 4 years and LOVED it. TA the time, I had Nitschke and Banks and they went with me when I worked, but also would have a day during the week when I was not there... they loved it for the 1st year or 2, but then Nitshcke just got to be grumpy (too tired) so I started only taking him with me and keeping him at the front desk to say HI to all the customers. Banks, sigh, well, Banks was Banks... she got tossed out of 'big' play and was house with the 'littles' (under 40 pounds and seniors) She rules the world there and all the pups stayed in line when Banks was 'in the house'.... the day care had web cams, pool time, walks, overnight stays, training and puppy play time. It was great and it was ALL indoors, even better because of weather conditions at times prevent us for taking the pups for any type of exercise.

I did notice while working there... bulldogs are not fan favorites of the other breeds, whatever the reason, most bully breeds gravitated to each other (American bulldog, bulldog, mastiffs, etc) all the other breeds would just ignore the bulldogs. We also had a bulldog that attended daycare, Barney who did agility classes, was great at it, but he would not socialize at all when in daycare... would just sit in the corner and watch everything going on.

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Sounds like a dream job to me! :) Would love to work at a doggy day care and bring Izzy and get benefits and salary from my current job. lol

Is that too much too ask!? ';)

I worked at a dog daycare for 4 years and LOVED it. TA the time, I had Nitschke and Banks and they went with me when I worked, but also would have a day during the week when I was not there... they loved it for the 1st year or 2, but then Nitshcke just got to be grumpy (too tired) so I started only taking him with me and keeping him at the front desk to say HI to all the customers. Banks, sigh, well, Banks was Banks... she got tossed out of 'big' play and was house with the 'littles' (under 40 pounds and seniors) She rules the world there and all the pups stayed in line when Banks was 'in the house'.... the day care had web cams, pool time, walks, overnight stays, training and puppy play time. It was great and it was ALL indoors, even better because of weather conditions at times prevent us for taking the pups for any type of exercise.

I did notice while working there... bulldogs are not fan favorites of the other breeds, whatever the reason, most bully breeds gravitated to each other (American bulldog, bulldog, mastiffs, etc) all the other breeds would just ignore the bulldogs. We also had a bulldog that attended daycare, Barney who did agility classes, was great at it, but he would not socialize at all when in daycare... would just sit in the corner and watch everything going on.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sounds like a dream job to me! :) Would love to work at a doggy day care and bring Izzy and get benefits and salary from my current job. lol

Is that too much too ask!? ';)

Sigh -- it was for me. I was working both jobs at the time (6AM till 9PM 4 days a week.. plus 8 on Saturday) I had to quit, just could not do it. I was always exhausted and leaving the 'real job' isn't an option. Someday I may have my own dog daycare... no grooming though -- some of the peole you deal with for that is just not worth the time or money. :loco::loco2::crazy:

OP
MFrey2012

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Thank you so much for the great feedback!!

The place I am going to be taking Ellie, has had the most Wonderful reviews from their clients, and they do have a Bully puppy that is just a few weeks older than Ellie, that attends, So I'm excited for to have some new friends.

I will give an update at the end of next week, as her first day is scheduled to be the 12th!!

:D

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank

I've noticed this too! frank tries to play with everyone at daycare, but different breeds will just ignore him. He gets along best with the stocky pitbulls and other bully breeds like you mentioned. I was thinking maybe it's because bulldogs don't look like common breeds i.e. labs or goldens, with their long snouts and graceful bodies. I've also heard (possibly on this board) that EB's tend to make eye contact and stare at other dogs. that could be off putting as well.

regardless I am sometimes left feeling like frank is the weird kid in class that no on wants to play with haha.

Oh, and as far as my experience with daycare goes, I love it! I take frank about once a week just to get some socialization and exercise in. Unfortunately just like with child daycare, the dogs do get sick more often and spread the sickness around to each other, but that comes with the territory. Frank has not gotten sick since we started him on a probiotic thankfully. Frank has really grown to love the employees, one in particular damien, who says frank is his favorite as well. but i'm sure he tells all the dogs that haha ;)

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Bella went to doggy daycare for almost a year at her vet's office. It is $15 a day for regular day care, which involves interaction with office staff and vets, but no interaction with other dogs. It's $30 a day for Pack Play, which is all-day training session with other dogs and the house trainer.

Bella LOVES daycare, and she thrived in Pack Play! I needed a financial break, though, so I pulled her from both for a while. (It adds up!) I'll take her back in spring. I am so grateful to have this option for her. Moreso, the vet is on my way to work. It really worked out well for us.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.