How long is your bully left alone for at one time?

BuddercupKelly

Jan 5, 2014
Citrus County, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
My baby is left for about 9 hours, but he does have the run of the house. Is that too long? My mom does come over once during the day to let him out to the potty. I worry about my baby's happiness. Don't want him to be too bored.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I personally don't think that dogs have a good concept of time. My dogs act like (happy) idiots, whether I am gone 6 hours, or 1/2 hour. It is great that your Mom comes and lets him out for a break during the day..which I think helps tremendously as far as potty, and
breaking up his day! If he's not destroying the house while you're gone-I'd say he's pretty content! Yay for your Mom! [MENTION=10758]BuddercupKelly[/MENTION]

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
We leave at 630- they go in their crates. My neighbor comes and let's them out between 3-4, then I get home at 5. I'm pretty sure they sleep most of the day bc on the weekends, during the time we would normally be gone, they are usually napping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
BuddercupKelly

BuddercupKelly

Jan 5, 2014
Citrus County, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Thank you. Yeah, my mom is pretty awesome and loves Dozer as much as I do. She has a dog but my Dozer is something special. She will tell you that. LOL. Anyway, he is a good boy while I'm gone, so I guess he will be ok.

OP
BuddercupKelly

BuddercupKelly

Jan 5, 2014
Citrus County, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
WOW, nice neighbor. Thank you for your input.

We leave at 630- they go in their crates. My neighbor comes and let's them out between 3-4, then I get home at 5. I'm pretty sure they sleep most of the day bc on the weekends, during the time we would normally be gone, they are usually napping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Tyson is home alone anywhere from 6-8 hours.. during the week. Just depends on our schedules. He sleeps the entire time.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Our babies are crated and are alone about 6 hours when our pet sitter comes for mid-day potty break... then I am home about 4-5 hours later.

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
I think they adjust to you as they get older , a pup might be different they can find trouble . Mine were always if we were not home in a crate and they did not mind that it seems , they were happy we were home but no ill effects , they lived like us for the weekends for the drive in those days to the cottage as they had the run of the place for 2 days and nights , we would go off hiking or on the pontoon boat or just have a smoars party at the fire pit lol

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I have left Chunky for 12hrs a day for a few weeks straight and my neighbor was coming by to let him out supposedly once per day but I have a feeling chunky was out with him a lot more than that. If chunky had a grandpa it would have to be that guy.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I stay at home, but I'm still gone for a couple of hours at a time. They sleep while I'm here, so I don't think you should feel guilty about leaving them for longer hours. As long as they get some playtime when you get home, I think that they will be happy!!!

OP
BuddercupKelly

BuddercupKelly

Jan 5, 2014
Citrus County, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
I have left Chunky for 12hrs a day for a few weeks straight and my neighbor was coming by to let him out supposedly once per day but I have a feeling chunky was out with him a lot more than that. If chunky had a grandpa it would have to be that guy.

That's awesome.

OP
BuddercupKelly

BuddercupKelly

Jan 5, 2014
Citrus County, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
I stay at home, but I'm still gone for a couple of hours at a time. They sleep while I'm here, so I don't think you should feel guilty about leaving them for longer hours. As long as they get some playtime when you get home, I think that they will be happy!!!

Thank you. He definitely gets play time....7:15 p.m. every night. It's like his internal clock kicks in and he knows.

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
i work shift work.. its 12-hour days.. it is rotating shift.. 6am-6pm, then 6pm-6am.. good part of it is i only work 15 days a month.. i do have someone come over but there has been a time that they couldn't come.. my dogs have the run of the garage, it is heated and air conditioned.. it bothers me that i have to leave them so long sometimes so i try to make up for it on my days off.. funny thing is after they are out a while i find them back in the garage sleeping.. of course their toys are all over the garage and when i get home i clean litter boxes, pick up toys make their beds .. and get fresh water.. I have 4, and it can be a job.. but i love my dogs.. they don't seem to mind but it still bothers me sometimes..

Members online

No members online now.